• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Larry, I've looked up the Munster house myself online. You have to contact them to get a private tour. Its 30 or 40 bucks per adult with a minimum of 4. I'm hoping later this year my wife and I can get some friends together to go check it out.

They used to do an open house once a year, but I think they've stopped doing that. I can't remember since I looked it up months ago.

21st I can do a morning ride. its my kids Bday so I have to be home by noon or 1 I'd guess. Time to clean up and all before cake.

Currently I don't have anything planned. Last time we met in Red Oak, went over to Ennis then south. we went between 34 and 22 from the east headed back to the west and ended in Italy.

I'd like to try something new this time, but I don't want to be out riding past 9. By 9 AM I'd like to be headed back home as it will take about 30 minutes or more depending one what and where we go. That is if anyone has a route to suggest.

If not, I'll just stay by the house with my little Yamaha. See if I can get it inspected/registered before the weekend so I can really test it out. So far its only been ran for about 10 minutes.

I may be going north in the morning if I can get up and going early enough. Need to check front tire. Got a little squirrelly on ride home from ice cream tonight. Maybe we can later. I will be out of pocket for the next 3 to 4 weekends. :(

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
After all the rain the last couple of days, I stumbled upon a dangerous low water crossing in my area:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYfBladWaQ"]Dangerous Low Water Crossing - YouTube[/ame]

:D

Anyone got plans for 9/1/18? I'm hoping to get back on some gravel this weekend.

If not, I may just go run around Friday morning after work.

Last edited:
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

We are up in silverton, Co this weekend. Some wicked stuff up here.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter

A towering crest.....
Sandia that is

Phones in the mountains...
At Apache Creek....dont think those were still live

And at Alpine AZ... This one prob works

AZ US One Nine One.....
70-80 mi south of Alpine

A refreshing site....your call

Last edited:

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter

Waaaay back.....2350 miles since last Sat
I didnt take any pics of Pecos in the downpour....couldnt....was busy navigating the swollen streets (thats navigating as in boats!)
Got home around noon thirty.....no rain today from San Angelo last nite

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

A towering crest.....
Sandia that is

Phones in the mountains...
At Apache Creek....dont think those were still live

And at Alpine AZ... This one prob works

AZ US One Nine One.....
70-80 mi south of Alpine

A refreshing site....your call

Is the first picture Albuquerque below? Looks familiar.

My wife will be out of town all week & I'll be on caregiver duty. Can't be gone from the house more than an hour or so. You guys go ahead & go. I should be available after Thanksgiving week.

Didn't I read something about the BBQ place down in Cresson that got kicked out of their building, reopening in Cresson again? That might be a bit far to the SW, but didn't know if any of you had heard anything?

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Forum Supporter
Didn't I read something about the BBQ place down in Cresson that got kicked out of their building, reopening in Cresson again? That might be a bit far to the SW, but didn't know if any of you had heard anything?
Yup ... reopened 11/6.

Short distance behind the old location, towards the track.

How about BBQ on the Brazos in Cresson Sat 17th? Noon'ish?

I'll probably map out backroads from south of Grand Prairie and across.

I'll be on my CB1100 so will be planning my route with appropriate roads in mind.

Last edited:

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
I'm going to hit a few backroads on the way to Cresson. It's about 122 miles, all paved, mostly FMs and CRs, starting in Alvarado. If anyone wants to join hit me up for details.

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
I'm going to hit a few backroads on the way to Cresson. It's about 122 miles, all paved, mostly FMs and CRs, starting in Alvarado. If anyone wants to join hit me up for details.
You're killin' me, Smalls.

Want to throw that up on the FB page just in case any of the non-TWT locals want to join you?