• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

6a686b3d979f43a0a01d106869cadce5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave the house at 6:15 on a Saturday morning.

Geez ...

For me it depends on if Rachel wants to go shoot shotguns or pistol/rifle. If it is shotguns then we will be down there. Pistol and rifle shooting takes us to the other end of the metromess in far south Dallas.

Google Maps shows the Good Day Cafe between Sublett & Hardisty on the west side of Cooper. Is that the place?

That's what my Google map shows ... if its wrong, I guess it'll be you and me.
I'll be the old fat guy with a gray beard.

Wait. West side of Cooper? The street or the town? Took me a minute, but I gotta say I thought of the town first and that's NOT South O' the plex. :D

I'll see y'all there in a little while. I need to load up the Subaru and then I will be on the way.

2 eggs, 2 sausages, a biscuit the size of an 8-track tape, and coffee all for under $10 + tip. And good food & good service. How good is that ?!

We had a great time this morning having breakfast at Good Day Cafe. Thanks to Mark for hosting. Good food and discussions: bikes, trikes, & guns (of course). Mitch, from Granbury, wins the "farthest traveled award".

Bill, Tim, Mitch & Mark.

20150822_081045_zpsbpt19m8l.jpg

20150822_083254_zpsniu3apdb.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently I didn't get the memo that we were supposed to wear ball caps.

L-R: Mitch, Mark, Larry (who has previously been behind the camera at Arlington gatherings), and Bill. Sorry about the bad lighting. The little flash on my phone cam was unable to overcome the light glare behind us.
20150822_081205_zpsu5ae2ohi.jpg

Mitch, from Granbury, wins the "farthest traveled award".

Was on the road at 6:10 this morning and saw a beautiful Texas sunrise.
Traffic was light, air was cool and had a nice breeze.

Had a great time and a good visit. Nice location ... food and service was great!

It was good to hang out with everyone this morning. And the food was just a welcome bonus. :)

Just remember, everyone, that ALL are welcome to join us; from where ever. I just started the South O' the Plex Meet & Eat to offer another meetup closer to riders in the southern part of the Metroplex.

The past two meetups have been great.

Sooo...who wants to host next?

How far south?
I only know places in the Granbury/Glen Rose area.
That's about an hour away for most of you.

Willie & Dicks - decent burger
Rib Shack - awesome pulled pork
Pearl Street Station - awesome etouffe - downtown just off the square.
Grumps - Burgers to die for
Stumpy's - marina on the lake ... any kind of taco you can conjour - burgers and catfish are good too.

In Glen Rose - The Green Pickle - small place but burgers that soak the paper they arrive in. And grandma is in the back making pies fresh every day. My first choice.

I personally wouldn't be likely to attend. I think the idea of this gathering is so that the I-20 Corridor folks, if you will, will have a M&G that is a quick & easy commute on what will normally be a work night.

PS - Leaving for Colorado tomorrow am. See y'all on or after Sep 7.

How far south?

Stumpy's - marina on the lake ... any kind of taco you can conjour - burgers and catfish are good too.

In Glen Rose - The Green Pickle - small place but burgers that soak the paper they arrive in. And grandma is in the back making pies fresh every day. My first choice.

All that may be a good weekend lunch meet & eat.

How far south?

In my Opinion (take if for what it's worth) is that there are no limits on our Meetups. We all have a say in place, time and day and each of us has the opportunity to suggest and host. It is up to the individual person how far he/she rides to meet. If the next event is too far or at a bad time, go ahead and skip it.

My original intention was, like Tim said, to have something local to all the riders along the I-30/I20 corridor that didn't want to go a long way to meetup. Someplace close that, if you wanted to get out after a long day at work, you didn't have to ride far.

With that being said, I don't see a problem scheduling something farther away, like Glen Rose/Granbury. But, I think you would get a better turnout if it was a weekend meetup. Maybe, we post up a lunch at Glen Rose, but we schedule a meetup of riders in South Arlington and ride down together. Mitch, those restaurants you suggested have my mouth watering; I want to try them.

Also, I don't see a problem with us scheduling other types of events. Bill and I have wanted to get together to go shoot guns; that could be a Meetup.

Basically, just post up what you would like to do, when you want to do it and where. Then if others want to join you, they can make that decision.

Pearl street sounds good as well. I love Cajun cooking [emoji12]

My suggestion is that we post Meet and Eat type Meetups in this thread, and whoever can come, will come. :eat:

But, post separate threads for Ride :rider: to Eat :eat: or other types of meetups: Gun Range :shooter: or Photography :photo: or Just Riding :pirate:.

Here is a map of the North Texas/DFW area with the cities and counties.

map_of_north_texas_counties.jpg

Last edited:
Meetup next Monday, August 31st @ 7:00.

Al's Hamburgers
1001 N.E. Green Oaks Blvd (Corner of N. Collins/157 and Green Oaks)
Arlington

or

In & Out Burgers
1075 W. I-20 (near The Parks Mall)
Arlington

Which do y'all prefer?

Back