• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

I'm mulling it over this minute. Not going to make it. I wanna but I also realize I have a second job's worth of work to do and I at least need to go take a look at *** is going on with it so I know how crappy my Friday is going to be tomorrow morning.

I'm out guys, sorry.

There'll be other chances, Mitch. We had a small crowd - only 4 of us - but the company and the steak fingers were both good.

Yeah, and Larry is the only weirdo who ate a burger. Lol
It was a nice little meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the weirdo?? :-D

The call the place "Burger Box" not "Steak Finger Box".

It was fun; great conversation, lotsa laughs, and the ride home was very enjoyable.

I'm looking at suggesting a new place I found. Will share when I get all the info.

Lol!! I suppose your right. But the majority ruled steak finger wise.
We were just the non conformists. :p
What place dis you have in mind? I have been thinking about a place called Hickory Stick BBQ. In kennedale or everman. Not exactly sure, will need to look it up. Anyone heard of it?

[emoji23][emoji23]

Larry, i say that because i can. Im prob the biggest weirdo out there. Lol

Well, he is an in-line 4 in a V-Twin world, so .... :eek2:

Well, until i get my others up, i am a V only child. [emoji15]

I wanted to try Lauras Biergarten on South Cooper in Arlington. Anyone up for German food?

I wanted to try Lauras Biergarten on South Cooper in Arlington. Anyone up for German food?

If we want to try this next Thursday I am up for it and its been a long time since I've had some good german food so I am definitely up for it any time I can fit it in!! :rider:

How about Thursday May 19th at Laura's Biergarten on South Cooper in Arlington. About 6:30/6:45'ish?

Tim, maybe you can suggest a menu item for me; I've never had true German food.

How about Thursday May 19th at Laura's Biergarten on South Cooper in Arlington. About 6:30/6:45'ish?

Tim, maybe you can suggest a menu item for me; I've never had true German food.

Laura's doesn't have a real elaborate menu; mainly, I think there are several kinds of Schnitzel. A Schnitzel is similar to chicken fried steak - actually, veal - but cut thinner. They spice them up one way or another, or top them with something. Jaegerschnitzel is smothered in mushrooms; that's my go-to-dish.

Bonus points if you wear lederhosen

Tried it in my misspent Bavarian Army brat youth. Not my look. :-(

The gypsy sauce would be the Zigeuner Schnitzel. I had that when they were there a few weeks ago. Lots of bell peppers & stuff in the sauce.

Schnitzel and sourkraut with some types of german mustard/sauce is pretty much the staple... LOL

I thought we were doing this next week, Larry. I know I can't make this one - my wife has first dibs on my time, & we have a date.

Back