• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

This sounds interesting. I live in Cedar Hill, would you be interested in meeting at the Love's in Midlothian Sunday morning and riding over together?

@macdaddy is this on your radar at all?

Just saw this on FB:

Just to let everyone know there is a free Adventure bike ride starting at Eurosport cycle Sunday morning the 3rd of June. Groups and individuals leave out at 9am and the ride ends at Hammons BBQ in Glenrose. This ride will have a little more pavement and all creek crossings have been carefully picked for the bigger bikes and riders new to the Dual Sport community. I will be there early to load the ride onto anyone's GPS if they want it.( BRING YOUR GPS CABLE ) All sizes of DS bikes welcome. There will be free coffee and donuts. If you have any questions give Eurosport a call or you can email me. Robert Lee
Eurosport cycle
3100 Airport Fwy,
Fort Worth, TX 76111
(817) 838-8135

This sounds interesting. I live in Cedar Hill, would you be interested in meeting at the Love's in Midlothian Sunday morning and riding over together?

I am interested, but don't know if I can get away or not. I will figure it out and post back here ASAP.

I wish. I'm off every other weekend and this is my weekend off but I've been picking up some overtime/off duty lately on Sundays. Thanks for remembering me Nate and we do need to ride together sometime.

I'm sorry, it just dawned on me I never responded.

I am planning on going to this thing. Let me know if you still want to me along the way.

I completely forgot about this :shock:

I’m trying to install and AC unit in my garage this morning and my Dad is on his way over to help out. I’m going to have to pass this time, however we should definitely get together soon, it would be nice to know other adv riders close by.

Just saw this on FB:

Just to let everyone know there is a free Adventure bike ride starting at Eurosport cycle Sunday morning the 3rd of June. Groups and individuals leave out at 9am and the ride ends at Hammons BBQ in Glenrose. This ride will have a little more pavement and all creek crossings have been carefully picked for the bigger bikes and riders new to the Dual Sport community. I will be there early to load the ride onto anyone's GPS if they want it.( BRING YOUR GPS CABLE ) All sizes of DS bikes welcome. There will be free coffee and donuts. If you have any questions give Eurosport a call or you can email me. Robert Lee
Eurosport cycle
3100 Airport Fwy,
Fort Worth, TX 76111
(817) 838-8135

Man, that was a blast. I ended up with 301 miles.

Thanks to Uncle Buck and other forums folks for letting me tag along today. Had a great time.

I threw together a quick video of some of the highlights and will post it here soon.

I accidentally left it on at Hammond's and it wrote over the best road with an hour of parking lot footage :rolleyes:

Anyone got plans for this SAT? 6/16/18 I wouldn't mind riding about 30 minutes to meet somewhere and then go hit some easy dirt/gravel stuff. If no one has any plans, I'll probably aim for something near Hllsboro or Ennis or maybe even the Kaufman area.

I would, but planning on going to play in the dirt in the Hill Country.

Anyone got plans for this SAT? 6/16/18 I wouldn't mind riding about 30 minutes to meet somewhere and then go hit some easy dirt/gravel stuff. If no one has any plans, I'll probably aim for something near Hllsboro or Ennis or maybe even the Kaufman area.

I would be interested in meeting up and riding a bit. Any idea on time and place to meet?

I'm thinking about doing a all-paved ride to The Smokestack in Thurber for breakfast Sunday morning. Forecast is calling for slightly lower temps that day (only 90!), with a chance of rain in the afternoon. Should good for a morning ride.

Would love to ride with you, but Saturdays are tough for me with kiddos who are involved sports. Hope you have a great ride!

I'm in for a Father's Day breakfast ride. Smokestack or New York Hill either one.

FYI ... 108 is closed about 5 miles south of I20 ... as of two weeks ago.
Working on a bridge. It makes the Morgan Mill 1188 route impassable ... well, the all paved version of it.

Or to Huckaby and then 16 ...

Lipan to Santo and north
West on 3137
South on 919
West on 193 to Mingus
South on 108 to Thurber

That's a nice ride.

OK the Smokestack Father's Day ride is on. My awesome lady is going to be busy running kiddos around to various activities, so we don't have any plans until later in the day.

Here's the route from Burleson as it stands so far.

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/5FIkdK (let me know if this link doesn't work)

Always subject to change, of course.

I'll probably also post up a separate thread in the Upcoming section.

I'm thinking kickstands up at 7?

Thorp Springs about 0800?

I would be interested in meeting up and riding a bit. Any idea on time and place to meet?

Nothing really planned yet. If I'm alone, I will spend time on google searching for stuff to ride, then just go look for stuff. No real plan. If its just 2 of us, I can always meet at Whataburger on 35 and Ovilla. I have a GPS that I got from Downs, but I have yet to figure out how to create a route and load it so its all pen/paper and memory for me right now.

Nothing really planned yet. If I'm alone, I will spend time on google searching for stuff to ride, then just go look for stuff. No real plan. If its just 2 of us, I can always meet at Whataburger on 35 and Ovilla. I have a GPS that I got from Downs, but I have yet to figure out how to create a route and load it so its all pen/paper and memory for me right now.

Aight I'm down. What time you wanna meet up? Earlier the better in this heat. I'll look around and see what I can find too.

no idea what time. I haven't tried riding in this heat and I'm pretty sure I don't want to. If anyone else wants to join in, maybe they can provide some routes as well. I was kind of hoping to head east of Ennis or maybe even over towards Kaufman to look around for some easy dirt/gravel fun.

no idea what time. I haven't tried riding in this heat and I'm pretty sure I don't want to. If anyone else wants to join in, maybe they can provide some routes as well. I was kind of hoping to head east of Ennis or maybe even over towards Kaufman to look around for some easy dirt/gravel fun.

Ok cool. I haven't road out that way either but always up for exploration.

I can't go, but here's a recommendation on a route to head out that way from Whataburger. It includes the prettiest (paved) roads I know of out in that area. They include Bells Chapel, Farrar, Blue Ribbon, Rutherford and the best one is Sugar Ridge Rd in Bristol, imo:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27793770

After Bristol, I was just winging it looking at the map trying to find some gravel that looked good. The route stops at Hwy 34 because I wasn't sure where you might want to go from there. Once you get to 34, you can wing it and see what you find. Hope this helps.

You can export the GPX file and upload it to your GPS or you can print the cue sheet from this link as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, there is a farm at the corner of Farrar and Blue Ribbon that has camels and zebras and stuff. That's a cool stop for pics.

Also, there is a good stopping point at the top of the hill on Sugar Ridge Rd for pics as well.

I'd like to ride the Headed East with Perdue and NotYou. That is if nothing gets in the way. I could meet y'all at Ovilla and 35; I'll be coming Beltline, Westmoreland, Ovilla Rd to 35.

Pick a time and I will let you know if I can make it.
Early is good because it's not much fun in this heat.

Back