• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

South of Austin rider, from Dallas

Hello? Or nah?

• Hello

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey

I'm 28

Have a 17 cbr300r and a '19 cbr600rr

I'm from Dallas, which is why I have street bikes, I've never ridden a cruiser before, just prefer the supersport style. I don't own bias and I will ride with anyone, slow or moderately fast lol. I'm not a track racer and I'm not a speedfreak.

I was in a pretty bad accident in June. I fractured a couple of vertebrae, my clavicle, my scapula, and six ribs. So I'm a little more cautious now.

Looking for people to ride with. Preferably my age but if you enjoy some alcohol and are cool and non controversial then anyone will do. Just like to ride and it's not as fun alone. Anyhow nice to meet you.

Oh and I live in Lockhart now. Don't like to ride at night as much cause I don't want to hit an animal and die. Not that it can't happen in day but.. whatever I prefer highway riding or city riding or riding kind of slow in the Hill Country. Whatever. Thanks

Attachments

• 339A8C2A-2117-4960-A90B-887572DEB7FD.jpeg
    339A8C2A-2117-4960-A90B-887572DEB7FD.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 146
  • C56BDCF7-E7E6-4408-8FCC-81620D38C877.jpeg
    C56BDCF7-E7E6-4408-8FCC-81620D38C877.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

I hope the recovery from the accident has gone well. Sounds pretty nasty.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I hope the recovery from the accident has gone well. Sounds pretty nasty.

thanks! It was! I've been back up riding for a couple of months now. My hip got ripped from my pelvis so I have a lot of scar tissue on my right side. Gained about twenty pounds (also in part to covid and a break up). Its getting cooler so getting outside more is less of an issue.

For a month I had to get out of bed by wiggling off the end of the bed and squatting down and using my legs to stand up. Back was totally unusable, arms were totally disabled. Broke my right collarbone so I couldnt use my right arm to grab onto anything and my left shoulder blade so I couldnt use my left arm! I thought I was dying when the wreck happened. Couldn't breathe, I had a pierced lung from a broken rib. Fair recovery. Still a lot of back pain when I'm in bed and side pain but working it out is the key. 👍

If nothing else it taught me what real physical pain is and to lean in corners and to just slow down. Enjoy the ride and not the destination...to be so cliche.

I recommend you join Ride 512 and ASO groups on Facebook. Mostly sport bike enthusiast and definitely younger people than TWT. Welcome to the site nonetheless! Sorry bout your accident.

I recommend you join Ride 512 and ASO groups on Facebook. Mostly sport bike enthusiast and definitely younger people than TWT. Welcome to the site nonetheless! Sorry bout your accident.

guess I'll have to get a Facebook!
I don't even know how I found this site

Anyone is welcome here, but it is true that the average age here is probably 40+. Most of the riders here have multiple bikes of different styles. I only have six, three street legal adventure/dualsport types and three dirt bikes. A friend we recently lost had a nice Goldwing, BMW K1600LT, KTM 1290 Super Duke, KTM 500 EXC, and KTM 990 Adventure. Before Covid shut down our local bike night, we had all kinds of bikes in the group from sport bikes, classics, cruisers, adventure, etc,... Nothing wrong with having more young folks around ;-)

Sorry about your friend :(
It's always terrible to lose people.

If I had the means then I would have numerous types of bikes. I was just living in the city when I could afford mine so I got the street bikes ya know?

now that I'm living out in the country I'm wishing I had invested into about 4 $3000 older bikes of different styles but I do love my bikes a lot. Like seriously love my bikes 💋💋💋💋 hahaha

everyone loves the red one till they see the black one.

i moved here to get away from my mom and closer to my grandparents. I like hanging out with old folks. Ask me how many friends I have that are my age. I'll tell ya, none.
How did the friend go, mate???

Howdy and welcome from another pushing up the 50+ average (but not by much!)

Welcome to the forum from someone in late 40s who rides slower than my stepfather in his late 60s ;)

Glad you're back on the road to recovery.

Welcome from far west Hays County, gateway time the Hill Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from far west Hays County, gateway time the Hill Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. I very well know a Hays sheriff.

Man i miss riding in the city. You dont have to worry about deer or armadillo or skunk or cats or dogs in DFW

Thank you sir. I very well know a Hays sheriff.

Man i miss riding in the city. You dont have to worry about deer or armadillo or skunk or cats or dogs in DFW
Riding in the city of Austin is a special joy :doh:Right now not so bad with traffic only about 80% of what it was last year, but I try to ride downtown as little as possible.

:welcome: & enjoy! Well I hope you meet people you're looking for, me I've been riding alone so long, it's normal! Just the better half on the back.

Back