• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Speed Twin?

Reaction score
Do I need a Speed Twin? Or do I just want one???
I know my limitations if I test ride it, i'll have to have it! Got a DR, 2 Buells, and a Sport Glide. I'm entering my 71st summer and the Sport Glides getting a little heavy. Plus i'm out of room in the shed...

I recommend that everyone that can get one does. I need a buyers market for used Speed Twins in a couple of years.

I recommend that everyone that can get one does. I need a buyers market for used Speed Twins in a couple of years.
Sure - sure I fully understand that's how I ended up with 5# of crap in a 3# shed..

I really like mine. Bout all I can say.

<--- That's it right there.

Taking it to COTA on Monday if they don't shut it all down.

I really like the look of the Scramblers as well. I rode the 1200 XE and liked it, but it is a really big dirt bike.

A green S2 ?!?!?!?

Buell had done worse color combos I guess.:lol2: (Coming from a guy who had a blue and orange S1.)

Actually, it's kind of nice with black or volcano gray. Just don't paint the body work orange. That would just be too much on the eyes.

A green S2 ?!?!?!?

Buell had done worse color combos I guess.:lol2: (Coming from a guy who had a blue and orange S1.)

Actually, it's kind of nice with black or volcano gray. Just don't paint the body work orange. That would just be too much on the eyes.
It started out Parkway Blue with white frame&wheels I bought it back withKawasaki Green frame with Black Plastics 🙄. I powder coated the wheels, swing arm, fairing stay, side plates, kick stand and motor brace to match.. OCD made me do it!!!

It started out Parkway Blue with white frame&wheels I bought it back with Kawasaki Green frame with Black Plastics 🙄. I powder coated the wheels, swing arm, fairing stay, side plates, kick stand and motor brace to match.. OCD made me do it!!!
I noticed the Australian made Castalloy wheels in the picture. Probably looks good when it's all together. But if it were all together, it wouldn't be a typical Buell, would it?:lol2:

Parkway Blue is rare and highly desirable for collectors. Not many around anymore.

I noticed the Australian made Castalloy wheels in the picture. Probably looks good when it's all together. But if it were all together, it wouldn't be a typical Buell, would it?:lol2:

Parkway Blue is rare and highly desirable for collectors. Not many around anymore.
The wheels are Italian Maraschino spelled wrong. The green frame is a S2. The blue and silver is a S2T with bags and needs a home.

The wheels are Italian Maraschino spelled wrong. The green frame is a S2. The blue and silver is a S2T with bags and needs a home.
Got a friend in Philly who would like to get another S2. I'll ping him to see if that's still the case. In the meantime, if you have some better pictures of the T model and a description of all the usual stuff that'd be more motivation for him. How's the condition of the inner case halves?

Got a friend in Philly who would like to get another S2. I'll ping him to see if that's still the case. In the meantime, if you have some better pictures of the T model and a description of all the usual stuff that'd be more motivation for him. How's the condition of the inner case halves?
It's at 42,000 miles, one valve job, bottom end was tight. Right fork seal weeping. Stock exhaust. Jolly kick stand fix, using S3 kick stand no more falling over/ parked in gear. Paint good, bottom spoiler, S1 front fender. Older tires 70%, S2 bags&liners, recent battery. Not a show bike/solid everyday rider. If he has an interest I can pull it out wash it and PM pics.

It's at 42,000 miles, one valve job, bottom end was tight. Right fork seal weeping. Stock exhaust. Jolly kick stand fix, using S3 kick stand no more falling over/ parked in gear. Paint good, bottom spoiler, S1 front fender. Older tires 70%, S2 bags&liners, recent battery. Not a show bike/solid everyday rider. If he has an interest I can pull it out wash it and PM pics.
What are you looking to get for it? Ever put a new oil pump drive gear in it? He can spiff it up if he wants it...he's farkled bikes he's borrowed before. I'd be inclined to ride it up there and visit family instead of shipping so I'd have to install a fork seal and new oil, but no big deal.

What are you looking to get for it? Ever put a new oil pump drive gear in it? He can spiff it up if he wants it...he's farkled bikes he's borrowed before. I'd be inclined to ride it up there and visit family instead of shipping so I'd have to install a fork seal and new oil, but no big deal.
Still has stock oil pump gear. Forgot PM wheels& PM 4 piston rear caliper, custom oil cooler. I need to get very close to 2K. Probably get it shipped reasonable if your not in a hurry.

Still has stock oil pump gear. Forgot PM wheels& PM 4 piston rear caliper, custom oil cooler. I need to get very close to 2K. Probably get it shipped reasonable if your not in a hurry.
I'll let him know about it. Last time I shipped a bike, it was nearly 3 months to get it to the buyer, a month to pick it up and over a month sitting in a warehouse waiting for enough other bikes to warrant the cost of sending out a truck, then 2 weeks on the road till it got to his door. That was u-ship too who I've used several times before.

I'll let him know about it. Last time I shipped a bike, it was nearly 3 months to get it to the buyer, a month to pick it up and over a month sitting in a warehouse waiting for enough other bikes to warrant the cost of sending out a truck, then 2 weeks on the road till it got to his door. That was u-ship too who I've used several times before.
Probably the same case here I'm at the bottom of the RGV, not a mecca of bike shipping except South.

British USA has a left over Grey/Silver 19 at a fair price.

That's the best looking color, imo. I went to buy the red and got the silver once I saw them sitting next to each other in person. It really is a classic looking bike.

1594036397217.png

I hadn't ridden my Speed Twin since my last track day almost a month ago, so I took it for a spin yesterday evening. I was in Rain mode because it softens the throttle response a bit for around town. After 20 minutes or so on the bike, I went to pass a car and the bike startled me :)

I had forgotten how much torque this thing has and I wasn't ready for it. It scooted me back on the seat and made me laugh out loud. In Rain mode. So I immediately put it in Sport mode and took it to the twisty roads and gave it a good romping. It's a neat little bike. Can feel like a sedate, eye catching, putt around town bike in Rain mode, if you can stay out of the throttle or you can take it to a twisty road, put it in Sport mode and eat it up like on you're on a track bike. It really has a dual personality.

They say when you swap out the exhaust and get rid of the cat, it really opens up. I'm not really a fan of loud bikes, so I'm hesistant to do it, but I sure would like to feel what it felt like after that.

That's the best looking color, imo. I went to buy the red and got the silver once I saw them sitting next to each other in person. It really is a classic looking bike.

View attachment 267923

I hadn't ridden my Speed Twin since my last track day almost a month ago, so I took it for a spin yesterday evening. I was in Rain mode because it softens the throttle response a bit for around town. After 20 minutes or so on the bike, I went to pass a car and the bike startled me :)

I had forgotten how much torque this thing has and I wasn't ready for it. It scooted me back on the seat and made me laugh out loud. In Rain mode. So I immediately put it in Sport mode and took it to the twisty roads and gave it a good romping. It's a neat little bike. Can feel like a sedate, eye catching, putt around town bike in Rain mode, if you can stay out of the throttle or you can take it to a twisty road, put it in Sport mode and eat it up like on you're on a track bike. It really has a dual personality.

They say when you swap out the exhaust and get rid of the cat, it really opens up. I'm not really a fan of loud bikes, so I'm hesistant to do it, but I sure would like to feel what it felt like after that.
I thought about the de-cat/stock cans and the plug in thing.

View attachment 267923

You are Killing me... I check out this pic every morning... I'm in lust!!! 🤩

Back