• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: SPOAKS MX & Trails in Lockhart, TX Thread

"secret" was that Spoaks will have a beta demo day sometime in the fall.
I spilled the beans prematurely, as the Beta dealer, san marcos m/c, didn't want it announced too soon.

But now, the Beta demo day is a GO. Aspear posted the event up in another thread.
Demo day is on Saturday, Oct 16 , 2021

\

@Dao you are required by law now to come ride the bikes!

Attachments

• flyerdesign_18082021_150157.JPEG
    flyerdesign_18082021_150157.JPEG
    168.5 KB · Views: 147
Most of the line up with the dealer. Beta is not doing the factory tour this year, they are instead sending bikes out to dealers to use for the demo

Stumbled across this thread, I don't hang out at TWT much anymore. I'm a family friend of the Wilson's who own the track and volunteer there a lot. Here's the latest update. Guy Burkhart maintains the single track, which was reversed a few months back prior to the TORCS race. If you use the beginning section on the left of the entrance road (follow the arrows from the pits) and finish on the Vet track the length is 7.3 miles currently. The trails are very well maintained, with many of the new "shortcuts" that developed during the races now properly trimmed out and marked. "Worn out" sections are frequently rerouted around.
The Vet and the training turn track are adjacent to the trails and are both natural hard pack and safe for learning how to ride, as are the trails. The 2 MX tracks (Main modern and Sand turn) are a step up on the difficulty level, yet still safe for beginners to roll around on, especially after 12:00 when most of the fast guys guys go home. Both tracks also have water trucks roads all the way around them if you want to see them without being on them.
As far as development, there is much activity. The sand track has recently been widened and lengthened and made more flowy, and is having about 1/2 of the footprint changed and mild jumps added to lengthen lap times. I am currently doing tree trimming on the main track and a new 10 acre future use natural GP style area between the main and sand tracks. The tracks get most of the attention, but a hybrid Superloop (13-15 miles) tying all of the trails and tracks together is also being developed, and will debut at the JDGP, date final upon project completion.
You can ride there almost any day, and the MX Factory and other trainers are out there daily. On gate "Open" days the price is $30 reflecting the effort to rip, disc and till and water the 2 big tracks and have Judy at the gate. Any other day the price is $20 with a phone call before hauling to confirm Clint is there and update on conditions and get a gate code. There is a clipboard at the pay house where you sign a release and leave cash. When the big tracks are not prepped they are still rideable if you choose, although can get slippery and dusty. The hot setup is to be there asap after a rain for the natural watering system, things dry up fast. Weekend camping is OK. There are porta cans but no water or electricity, decent cell service. Cows and horses roam the property.
Spoaks is a great destination for a dual sport or ADV group ride where you want to ride some safe trails, Ducati's and Harleys have easily done the trails. It is much easier (on the bike too) than Hidden Falls, CTOR and Emma Long.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Would be great for out of town guys if there was a safe place to put bikes overnight. Too far for guys in my area to make a single day trip and very few desirable motels are safe. storage. Any decently clean motels in the area where a bike can be rolled in the room?

Thanks for the info. Would be great for out of town guys if there was a safe place to put bikes overnight. Too far for guys in my area to make a single day trip and very few desirable motels are safe. storage. Any decently clean motels in the area where a bike can be rolled in the room?
FYI it's pretty close to the McMahan ranch, Rockne and Murphy's. Don't know the hotels, but bikes are safe on the property and you could leave one overnight in the shed with notice. Lot's of overnight campers with toy haulers too, perhaps arrange to meet up with others for ride groups?

Last edited:
FYI it's pretty close to the McMahan ranch, Rockne and Murphy's. Don't know the hotels, but bikes are safe on the property and you could leave one overnight in the shed with notice. Lot's of overnight campers with toy haulers too, perhaps arrange to meet up with others for ride groups?
:thumb:
:thumb:

Stumbled across this thread, I don't hang out at TWT much anymore. I'm a family friend of the Wilson's who own the track and volunteer there a lot. Here's the latest update. Guy Burkhart maintains the single track, which was reversed a few months back prior to the TORCS race. If you use the beginning section on the left of the entrance road (follow the arrows from the pits) and finish on the Vet track the length is 7.3 miles currently. The trails are very well maintained, with many of the new "shortcuts" that developed during the races now properly trimmed out and marked. "Worn out" sections are frequently rerouted around.
The Vet and the training turn track are adjacent to the trails and are both natural hard pack and safe for learning how to ride, as are the trails. The 2 MX tracks (Main modern and Sand turn) are a step up on the difficulty level, yet still safe for beginners to roll around on, especially after 12:00 when most of the fast guys guys go home. Both tracks also have water trucks roads all the way around them if you want to see them without being on them.
As far as development, there is much activity. The sand track has recently been widened and lengthened and made more flowy, and is having about 1/2 of the footprint changed and mild jumps added to lengthen lap times. I am currently doing tree trimming on the main track and a new 10 acre future use natural GP style area between the main and sand tracks. The tracks get most of the attention, but a hybrid Superloop (13-15 miles) tying all of the trails and tracks together is also being developed, and will debut at the JDGP, date final upon project completion.
You can ride there almost any day, and the MX Factory and other trainers are out there daily. On gate "Open" days the price is $30 reflecting the effort to rip, disc and till and water the 2 big tracks and have Judy at the gate. Any other day the price is $20 with a phone call before hauling to confirm Clint is there and update on conditions and get a gate code. There is a clipboard at the pay house where you sign a release and leave cash. When the big tracks are not prepped they are still rideable if you choose, although can get slippery and dusty. The hot setup is to be there asap after a rain for the natural watering system, things dry up fast. Weekend camping is OK. There are porta cans but no water or electricity, decent cell service. Cows and horses roam the property.
Spoaks is a great destination for a dual sport or ADV group ride where you want to ride some safe trails, Ducati's and Harleys have easily done the trails. It is much easier (on the bike too) than Hidden Falls, CTOR and Emma Long.
Me and my kids LOVE Spoaks. Love it. Kids have a blast on the kids and vet tracks. We were there a couple weekends ago most of the day, getting some needed seat time in. Kids rode all day, took breaks in the shade by the main track, ooooh-ed and ahhh-ed at the crazy people flying over jumps, back to riding. Green space, families, and race gas everywhere. Magic! Trails are a blast as well.

Can’t wait for the Superloop!

OK, I'm in. But need some notice. I will be going alone so want to know someone who likes trails is going to be there. Wife really down on me traveling that far from home by myself especially after a friends recent tragedy. Weekdays are preferred if possible.

OK, I'm in. But need some notice. I will be going alone so want to know someone who likes trails is going to be there. Wife really down on me traveling that far from home by myself especially after a friends recent tragedy. Weekdays are preferred if possible.
I’m your huckleberry! For real. The kids and I are headed that way 4/1. They do the vet track and I do the trails and check in on them between laps. Feel free to jump in and get some. They’d love some coaching from someone other than boring old dad, too.
I’m a D racer, so there’s literally zero chance of me pushing you into the danger zone. :):)

:thumb: Sounds do-able currently. I have a Drs appt that Thursday that could alter my plan but will keep you updated.

:thumb: Sounds do-able currently. I have a Drs appt that Thursday that could alter my plan but will keep you updated.
If you get the okay from doc and missus, post up Thursday. I’ll pm you my number. We’ll be there either way. Good luck!

Excellent! Kids and I will be there Friday for some extra seat time before Goertz. Can’t wait!

They have a small kids track with little jumps in the parking lot

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Clint just added a new kids/play/pitbike track and a 22 turn cross country style track just to the right of the entrance between the sand track this weekend. More advanced but nothing dangerous.

Anyone ever camp out during the week if that is allowed? Are there decent single vel motels nearby that a fella could put his bike in the room? Too far for a day ride for me.

Anyone ever camp out during the week if that is allowed? Are there decent single vel motels nearby that a fella could put his bike in the room? Too far for a day ride for me.
Primitive camping whenever no problem. On race weekends there will be plenty of company. Lockhart (10 min) or Bastrop (20 min) have plenty of Motels. There is a small gas station in Dale (5 min) and a big Poco Loco Supermercado (very modern and good food 7 min) in Lyton Springs. It's about 15 min. from Cota and 10 min. from Murphy's/Rockne/Powell's/Rusty's area and 20 min. from McMahan ranch. Also the Rally Ready track is 10 min.
I hope to arrange a dual sport ride to the different properties one day, plenty of fun to be had taking maybe a lap of each.

We are currently developing a SuperLoop at Spoaks that will tie all of the different "tracks" together, it should end up between 15-20 miles and will have it's Grand Opening with a race, formerly the JDGP but maybe now the Texas 100..

Primitive camping whenever no problem. On race weekends there will be plenty of company. Lockhart (10 min) or Bastrop (20 min) have plenty of Motels. There is a small gas station in Dale (5 min) and a big Poco Loco Supermercado (very modern and good food 7 min) in Lyton Springs. It's about 15 min. from Cota and 10 min. from Murphy's/Rockne/Powell's/Rusty's area and 20 min. from McMahan ranch. Also the Rally Ready track is 10 min.
I hope to arrange a dual sport ride to the different properties one day, plenty of fun to be had taking maybe a lap of each.

We are currently developing a SuperLoop at Spoaks that will tie all of the different "tracks" together, it should end up between 15-20 miles and will have it's Grand Opening with a race, formerly the JDGP but maybe now the Texas 100..
Can’t wait for that race! Whenever it materializes….

Thank you. I need to take a few days to visit the area and create a plan. The motel thing is my only issue, most are impossible to get a bike in now. :thumb:

Made it out to Spoaks today with my daughter and noob buddy of mine. Distracted dad had a brain fart and left his helmet at home. Oh well, it was more for their benefit anyway.

Took a couple cautious spins around the new turn track. That thing looks to be a hoot. Can’t wait to get back with my helmet and my boy. Well done, JD!

Back