• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Spring tease in Burnet-Gillespie County

darmah

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Tb
Last Name
bearden
Took off west from Spicewood yesterday at 13:00 for a loop S. on Fall Creek Rd-Old Spicewood, W. on 962 through Round Mtn, S. on Smith-West Ranch Rd (green fields of clover showing) to 1323 W, N on Althouse Davis Ranch RD (couldn't see them but fragrance of blooming bluebonnets all around), N and W on Burnet Co 308 then 310 crossing Comanche creek and Pedernales creek. Temps near 65º+/-. West again on Co.Rd 315 to cross Sandy Creek. The dirt portions were excellent traction(roost away!) with minimal mud. They have dropped some dcg in the river bed so good for big adv bikes, I had knobs. Turning around before the pavement to 16, route was back to Cr110 to Hwy 71 and back home at 16:00.

I really like Althaus Davis Rd., especially the Western end where it has all the cool rocks sticking up out of the ground. There is this one little concrete water crossing that can take you buy surprise though if you are not paying attention... :wary:

What crossing is that above? I thought CR310 had the long slick concrete crossing? Is that the 315 crossing on Sandy Creek?

That is Sandy Creek from the South headed back to 315, I like the view of rising terrain over to the saddlebacks.

I sure wish I was out there right now instead of sitting at my desk watching a SPECTACULAR day go by... :argh:

That little concrete crossing took JT and I both by surprise one day. Sure wish I had thought to get a pic of two stroms lying in one inch of water. I was a little distracted by my split lip.

Back