• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Springtime Norton and Africa Twin Showdown

We had a Pig Stand in South Austin on South Congress in the 60's but we stayed in North Austin mostly. South and North were like two towns after the sun set. We circled Holiday Houses on Burnet Road and Airport and 51st. with our Rods. There wasn't as many fights north, unless a Southside gang came over.
Had a guy break the antenna off my 57 Bellaire Convertible. I got out and was out numbered and he hit me several times with the antenna as my girlfriend screamed from the center console.( I had Corvair bucket seats ) She broke up with me and I bought an 8 track player and soon met my first wife to be. I should have never got out of my car that night :lol2: Oh I kept that window tray for years, I sped off with it still attached.

Last edited:
Seems like that was a fun time, wish I could have lived it!! I would probably go even further back, so it was more about your skill making something out of nothing that nobody else was doing. Ahhh, nostalgia, might have to watch some old hot rod shows today. Happy Mothers Day šŸ˜Ž

1652035354996.jpeg

Back