• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

St Mary's Church and Cemetery, Ellinger

Reaction score
Saint Mary's Church and its cemetery sits atop Hoytt Hill in Ellinger. There is a historic marker in front of the church, which describes the history of this church, built to serve the area Czech immigrants in the late 1800's.

SM07.jpg

The cemetery is right behind the church. It's quite a peaceful place, helped by it's location on top of the hill.

SM01.jpg

One of the graves belonged to a soldier killed in action during WWI:
SM02.jpg

Some graves were seeded with wildflowers, adding to the color palette of the different flower arrangements found all over the cemetery

SM03.jpg

The location also offers a nice view of the area...

SM04.jpg

SM05.jpg

SM06.jpg

For those interested in visiting, this is the address:

815 St. Mary's Church Road, Ellinger TX

nice pics.....so, you're back on two wheels?

Thanks. Nope, I drove the car...:giveup: Couldn't stand staying home on such a nice day. I went out to check the wildflowers near Brenham and Independence, but just past Brenham I turned on 389 back to Fayetteville and then Ellinger. I think next week the wildflowers will be more plentiful, so I'll probably head out that way again (Likely on 4 wheels...). Oh, I'm not walking on crutches anymore, but still need to gain strength on the left leg, and range of motion too...I sat on the bike this morning just to get a feel and I could barely shift gears....Granted, the bike wasn't running, but it was challenging. That and that I always balance the bike on the left leg at stops will keep me out from riding for a while.

Last edited:
Back