• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sterling Ranch update

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
For those that frequent or thought about it, Glenn St.John and I, along with the owner finished reversing and trimming the trails today. It's still wet in places, put in several route arounds. You still need to pay attention, wrong line could bury a bike. After a long day we got in one quick lap to check it out, but I was very tired and didn't put much effort into it, lol. I think I like this direction better but maybe just because it's different.

Awesome- thanks for the update. Are there any additions to the trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He put in some route arounds, and of course reversed makes it "new" but no new trails yet. He has plans. we shall see. Not very big.

I want to bring my electric scooter down there sometime.

Is there an address or a nearby town? Just trying to get an idea where it is, Texas is a big place!!

Gary

On the East side of I-45 between Willis and New Waverly

Long way to drive for 7 miles of trail. Especially with Barnwell being available.
Was my thought. Just the best we have locally. I can be there in 30 minutes, bang out 4 laps and come home. Works great.

Thanks guys, it’s a 3 and half hour drive to get there, have many other places much nearer, but sounds fun if you live nearby.

Gary its a nice place, I like to try new places, and yea the loop is only 7 or 8 miles but we got in 24 miles of single track in a few hours of riding and visiting with new friends and that was worth the drive for me

A three plus hour drive is a long way but the riding was fun enough that I’d recommend trying it at least once, especially if you can catch it right after a little rain like Bud and I did.

The forest has more trails to mix up but it’s not open all the time. I wouldn’t want to ride Sterling Ranch all the time like I do Zars but I did enjoy myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A three plus hour drive is a long way but the riding was fun enough that I’d recommend trying it at least once, especially if you can catch it right after a little rain like Bud and I did.

The forest has more trails to mix up but it’s not open all the time. I wouldn’t want to ride Sterling Ranch all the time like I do Zars but I did enjoy myself.

What is Zars?

What is Zars?

Zars Ranch is the property near Floresville that the DBSA (Dirt Bikers of San Antonio) leases. It's 324 acres with an 8 mile marked one-way trail and close to 40-45 miles of side trails. More information is available on our website and forum www.clubdbsa.org

Riding at Zars is membership only but we sponsor guest riders all the time.

Anyone know how wet Sterling is now?
I went out around lunch on the big bike just cruising, he was open, that said, at my place in Riverside another round of showers came through this afternoon. Looked perfect at lunch, 3 riders out.

Back