• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sterling Ranch

I am 3 hrs away from Kelly's pond so when there is a later start holler. Is the road/overpass at New Waverly still messed up? What is the best route when heading from Cleveland? Thanks.

I am 3 hrs away from Kelly's pond so when there is a later start holler. Is the road/overpass at New Waverly still messed up? What is the best route when heading from Cleveland? Thanks.
You come and I'll start whenever you want!. Yes overpass will closed a long time, easy go around.

From Cleveland I take FM 1725 from 105 to 150 to New Waverly.

Little chilly but Rsquared and I had a great 2 loops, perfect dirt, no dust. And got to ride his new scooter, now I want!

From Cleveland I take FM 1725 from 105 to 150 to New Waverly.
Thanks. Been doing that for forty years. Was told the overpass at New Waverly was being re-done and another route was needed. Knowing my source I should have known!

Thanks. Been doing that for forty years. Was told the overpass at New Waverly was being re-done and another route was needed. Knowing my source I should have known!
It is but the other crossing is only half a mile north.

Last edited:
Good info to know and glad y’all had a good ride. We didn’t get to ride at all for a variety of reasons but it’s coming and soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good info to know and glad y’all had a good ride. We didn’t get to ride at all for a variety of reasons but it’s coming and soon.

I hope you get to ride out there soon. Never know when winter rains will set in and be closed for a while. Pretty close to perfect right now, especially if you like whoops. Ona side note, it was amazing how many riders there was on a cold Wednesday morning!

Hit SR yesterday and it was very dreary, light sprinkle all day. Dirt was perfect but that place is sure taking a beating. I wonder what will happen when Brunes Mill closes. I wonder if it can hold up to much more traffic with such limited mileage.

I can't wait to get back out to SR with some new rubber on my drz400s. Flavor of the week is AC10s front and rear. The more I read, the more I change my mind. Already sent back the set of TKC80s I ordered. I figure I will go for the most aggressive off road DOT rated tire I can get.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I hope you get to ride out there soon. Never know when winter rains will set in and be closed for a while. Pretty close to perfect right now, especially if you like whoops. Ona side note, it was amazing how many riders there was on a cold Wednesday morning!

Man time sure gets away from you when you’re working all the time- the carb on the kawi was in horrible shape, air filter rotten, spare was crap too. I finally got the parts and the time to reassemble and tune. Rode it around and the house and all good. I’m going to try very hard to get either to sterling or the forest late this week- if the stars align. I’ll post up if it happens.

Hellwig you are about equal, maybe a little shorter in drive time to Cravens LA(Kisatchie). Fun trails, excellent maps and staging area plus Forest workers who actually act like they want you there. About the only time the trais are closed if after real heavy rains. Very very unusual.

Hellwig you are about equal, maybe a little shorter in drive time to Cravens LA(Kisatchie). Fun trails, excellent maps and staging area plus Forest workers who actually act like they want you there. About the only time the trais are closed if after real heavy rains. Very very unusual.

Hey- it’s about 2 hours in either direction for me. I definitely like the kisatchie better than Sam Houston, due to I usually find less people and not nearly as well ridden. I still have yet to ride the sandstone and the Hickman loop. The issue I have with all of them is the lack of accurate info about what is open and what is not- timely info. I just visited the site and there is conflicting info as usual as to what is open and not.
As far as friendly rangers- that may be debatable- they’re equally wishy washy from my experience although I have escaped any citations thus far.
It’s good to see you riding again- maybe we can meet up?

:thumb: Thanks. Not sure what I am doing could be called "riding" but it is verifiable movement. The layoff sure hurt my already weak skills. Just holler.

Riding the couch till can get this hernia fixed. :headbang:
Well if you ride anyway George it will become an emergency and then they'll have to take care of you. Just kidding. Keep nursing along and I hope they get you in for the cut job soon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Today is Brad's birthday (owner), his son made this hat for him. Heck he should sell them.

Just a heads up, he posted too wet this weekend, closed.

Back