• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sterling Ranch

Reaction score
Today? Need to know quick since it takes me 2 hours to get there + a little load up time. .

Going to Sterling Ranch today (Sunday) at 2, all welcome for 20 bucks each, lol.

Went yesterday. Sand getting deeper, whoops getting deeper, roots getting more frequent. And I am getting older, bad combination. Too long of a riding break, I think I got about half way into 3rd gear once and was plum scary!

How much rain did y’all get out that way woodsguy? I need to ride like nobodies business. I’ve got some days off and RAIN! I’m sure the forest closed with the forecast of rain. We got hammered pretty good in Beaumont area today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much rain did y’all get out that way woodsguy? I need to ride like nobodies business. I’ve got some days off and RAIN! I’m sure the forest closed with the forecast of rain. We got hammered pretty good in Beaumont area today.

I'm half an hour way, didn't settle dust here. When I was in Huntsville pretty quick shower. When are you coming?

Just called Forest, open as of now. 9363446205 x2

Didn’t get much rain here. Rode the forest Saturday and the trails were perfect. As it turns out, I’m off this week if anybody wants to ride...

Forecast says nice weather the rest of the week. I need to make sure the kdx carb is good, let’s say after tuesday? What’s good for y’all?

I'll have a little free time Wednesday, not all day.

I went to Sterling Ranch on Sunday with my drz400s and 90% on road, 10% off road tires. It was not pretty. Wiped out twice and tweaked my forks the second time. I think an mt21 in the front and a d606 in the rear are going to be happening not too long after Christmas.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I don't doubt that at all, good tires are a must!! You should just be able to loosen l fork bolts on triple tree and get forks back in line.

I went to Sterling Ranch on Sunday with my drz400s and 90% on road, 10% off road tires. It was not pretty. Wiped out twice and tweaked my forks the second time. I think an mt21 in the front and a d606 in the rear are going to be happening not too long after Christmas.

New Dirt Bike has a short bit on some more aggressive DOT legal tires. Motoz, Kenda and Metzeler. For D/S, SR is one of those places where an extra set of wheels can be a positive.

I finally gave up on the DOT tire thing, no one checks them at inspection and my offroad riding thanked me tremendously! D606 was fine on the rear usually but the front just plain sucked iin cornering in the loose stuff. The price offset for dirt tires was a huge win too. However I dont do much street riding, and can see where street oriented tires onroad would be nice if you do. I have a wee for that.

Let me know what yall decide about the ranch or forest and times, me and a buddy may try and meet up if times workout., but were a couple hours away as well.

I finally gave up on the DOT tire thing, no one checks them at inspection and my offroad riding thanked me tremendously! D606 was fine on the rear usually but the front just plain sucked iin cornering in the loose stuff. The price offset for dirt tires was a huge win too. However I dont do much street riding, and can see where street oriented tires onroad would be nice if you do. I have a wee for that.

What is your choice for a front independent of DOT approval?

Have the trails changed much in SHNF since 2011?
YNBO4oX1nmveOa_TzLZDeXpx_8S5u4Oim6Dtg=w797-h496-no.jpg

Attachments

• SHNF-Forest Tracks (Color) 2011_2.gdb
    44.2 KB · Views: 221

Pirelli Scorpion XC Mid To Hard Terrain this happens to be DOT rated. I have run a few of these with good results off-road and front wears fine on road also.

We might make it out but would be late, dont wait up! A canuck and a redneck on two kawis!

Man I'm no authority at all, I just run what is on sale but usually the mid to hard ones that have decent reviews. I've run dunlops and maxxis, after d606's they've all been good!

Back