• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strange Micheli Anakee 3 crack appearing

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Baker
Anyone ever seen a tire with a symetrical crack all around it like this? Looks like a defect in my front tire to me, as there is no way I can imagine having done something like this riding the bike like I do.
I've reached out to Michelin as well.
thanks

Attachments

• anakee3 crack.jpg
    anakee3 crack.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 178
Ed...what you are seeing is the thin strip of lower silicate rubber found in lots of the newer high mileage tires. Its there for a purpose... To prevent static buildup & keep the bikes electronics safe. This explanation came to me directly from a Bridgestone tire rep severeal years ago.
I had just purchased a set of their new sport touring dual compound tires & was seeing the same strange ring around the rear tire. Dont recall if it also applied to fronts.
The Anakee I had on my Tenere looked the same

Dont worry ...ride happy

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Humm that would be a reassuirng find for sure. I pinged Michelin on it as well, so we'll see what they respond with as well. I'd like to run that tire out to CA in a few days and replace it with a new tourance out there for the ride back.

I wish that I still had the email response I recieved from Bridgestone. It was also sent thru the Tucker Rocky rep to my friends shop here in Waco.
I doubt you'd have any issues running that Anakee till its worn smooth out. Ive actually run 2 of them on the Tenere....& Ive seen other folks' tires with the same ring on various other brands.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

That is the Michelin crack, except it’s not a crack it is from how Michelin makes their tires. All and I do mean all Michelin street tires do it.
Nothing to worry about it is purely cosmetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back