• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strangest road signs you've ever come across? Got pics?

WOW! Memories ... I lived for 7 years about five miles from this sign! Sometimes I just want to go home. Don't get me wrong, I love Texas and the people here but there is nothing you can do about where you're from.
When I was driving my son to Cali, he saw the sign and grabbed the pic.
Beautiful country there!
mary

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
We've all seen those funny signs of farmers on tractors or bikers going over a cliff because they did not slow down for a corner, what else have you seen? If you have pics, post them up!

focus frenzy

well I need to go get pics but on the access road in front of Buc-ee's at the Texas motor speedway the speed limit signs have no speed on them.

Candian for cattle guard. I'd never seen this before till I rode to alaska. I was talking to a Canadian lady at one of the campgrounds and told her we call them cattle guards and she had never heard them called that, only Texas gates.
P7100120.JPG

Windmill

Forum Supporter
Yep.
It's a Unitarian Universalist church if that helps.
No matter what denomination. People have clamed sanctuary in church buildings, but not sure if it was legal. I know there is political asylum is some kind of time period like 180 days in USA. If a violent crime was happening where that sign is posted, bet they would call the law before they are martyred for their beliefs and welcome a Colt Peacemaker to "come in peace" (restore peace)" Luke 22:36 is in Red and interesting. (John 18:10-11) I also don't think Peter was wanting to just to cut the ear off Machus who was probably armed, One thing for sure is, Peter was packing. Oh well his ear heal right quick Peter needed target practice ;-) = spoof of the sign and the enforcement behind it. Or I doubt sign enforces anything, or changes the laws of the land Romans 13.

Last edited:

Triumphter

Forum Supporter
No matter what denomination. People have clamed sanctuary in church buildings, but not sure if it was legal. I know there is political asylum is some kind of time period like 180 days in USA. If a violent crime was happening where that sign is posted, bet they would call the law before they are martyred for their beliefs and welcome a Colt Peacemaker to "come in peace" (restore peace)" Luke 22:36 is in Red and interesting. (John 18:10-11) I also don't think Peter was wanting to just to cut the ear off Machus who was probably armed, One thing for sure is, Peter was packing. Oh well his ear heal right quick Peter needed target practice ;-) = spoof of the sign and the enforcement behind it. Or I doubt sign enforces anything, or changes the laws of the land Romans 13.

For clarification, if law enforcement has a legal reason to go into a Church, there is no "sanctuary" status. They can go in and do what they are authorized to do. No different than any other place of public accommodation. The other side of that, is the police often realize the optics of a situation and may choose to take a more diplomatic approach. If there is no critical reason to forcefully enter a church, even if I have a clear legal reason to do so, I probably wouldnt. I would choose a softer approach.

If law enforcement has no legal reason to be there, they can be told to leave and they must.

As a tangent, I once had a man, who was about to die, ask me to bring "a priest"....well, this was across the street from a Catholic church and Mass was going on. Yep, I crashed Mass, with much haste. The Priest came. The man was not alive when we returned but the Priest did priest stuff.

Windmill

Forum Supporter
I like the “guard rail damage ahead” signs. Like uh oh, better pay attention for 10 seconds because I have no guard rails to protect me and then I can go back to daydreaming
Yeah maybe it is to alert the repair crew. WTH

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
I like the “guard rail damage ahead” signs. Like uh oh, better pay attention for 10 seconds because I have no guard rails to protect me and then I can go back to daydreaming
Rest assured that is the result of a lawsuit. No doubt the argument was successfully made that had some kind of warning about damage been present then the person suing would not have had their accident. As a result, they put signs out for ANY damage just to cover their fannies.

StromXTc

Forum Supporter
Kinda like these everywhere, except I almost trip on them for blocking the path.

Does this mean the Cantina is close by?

stock-signs-pfs-20-64_1000.jpg