• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strangest road signs you've ever come across? Got pics?

OK, I won't.

funny_zpsmag7a0tl.jpg

As a tangent, I once had a man, who was about to die, ask me to bring "a priest"....well, this was across the street from a Catholic church and Mass was going on. Yep, I crashed Mass, with much haste. The Priest came. The man was not alive when we returned but the Priest did priest stuff.
Good decision.

Just off CO 67, East of Cripple Creek... at the scenic overlook to the Newmont Cripple Creek & Victor Mine.
The viewing platform is an old dump truck bed.

That's cool. I rode the little train out of Cripple Creek and saw the mine but didn't know you could get that close to it.

I finally found the pics...
I was driving along a back country road in the UK many years ago and saw the second sign, I had to turn around and get the photo once I stopped laughing.

I like the “guard rail damage ahead” signs. Like uh oh, better pay attention for 10 seconds because I have no guard rails to protect me and then I can go back to daydreaming

I was told that was for LE, so they didn't go on a wild goose chase looking for someone having crashed through the rail.

this, in the arts district, asheville, NC :lol2:
View attachment 228823

They should encourage the graffiti on the trailers and make it a signature thing about their company, you know, supporting and promoting the arts, giving back to the community, blah blah blah... Maybe ask that it not be too vulgar so they don't get complaints and hope the "artists" would cooperate.

Back