• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strangest road signs you've ever come across? Got pics?

Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Floyd
I'm new to the forum, so if this has been seen before, I apologize. Ran across this sign on the Blue Ridge in N. Carolina.
Shotrod :lol2:
351967152.jpg

That is a great sign! Never seen it before, I really like what I supposed to be warning to riders,,, but I can't help but hear 'wheeeeeeeeeeeee' when I look at it.

I rode the parkway in 2001 but I'm going back just to get a picture of my bike with that sign in the background.:rider:

For those of you who have not ridden the parkway and Shenandoah NP, think twisty roads, good pavement, low cost lodging and abundant history. Also, every side road is an adventure.

Welcome to the forum.

That musta been on the section I had to skip due to time constraints and needing a new rear tire. :argh:

i want the lower part on a t-shirt. heck it's be really tempting to take that lower part home

i want the lower part on a t-shirt. heck it's be really tempting to take that lower part home

I can print one for you. I already have a screen made to print the shirt.

Edit: Sorry, I just remembered selling on this site isn't allowed.

I'd say that looks like a bit of digital trickery to me:eek2:

Nope, the sign is actually there. I took a similar picture a couple years ago. there are several signs like that. The road goes around the end of a ridge, then makes a very sharp turn in the opposite direction.

The guy falling off the motorcycle sign is often posted under other warning signs in locations that see repeated motorcycle crashes.

I think 'freebies' would be a way around that......:trust:

Free shirt, $20 shipping? That shows a decided lack of integrity, violating the intent of the forum rules.

On the other hand, how about a TWT fundraiser? $18/shirt, $5 shipping per order, doesn't matter if you buy 1 or 20 (make a combined order with your riding buddies), and $5 of the cost of each shirt goes to TWT? Maybe put the TWT url across the front. Pending Tourmeister's approval.

There is a lot of WEEEeeeeeeee! up in them thar woods.

109_0999.jpg

Funny how the sign appears to have a stunta on a dirtbike.

109_1000.jpg

I can't believe nobody's made it their avatar yet! I would but that would be cheap since I didn't take the picture.

Free shirt, $20 shipping? That shows a decided lack of integrity, violating the intent of the forum rules.

On the other hand, how about a TWT fundraiser? $18/shirt, $5 shipping per order, doesn't matter if you buy 1 or 20 (make a combined order with your riding buddies), and $5 of the cost of each shirt goes to TWT? Maybe put the TWT url across the front. Pending Tourmeister's approval.

I'd be down, pending boss man's approval

I can't believe nobody's made it their avatar yet! I would but that would be cheap since I didn't take the picture.

I didn't take the pic in my avitar, but it was PMed to me and I give credit in my sig

Black Hanes Beefy-T (same t-shirt Harley uses) with flourescent neon inferno orange mixed with neon orbit yellow to approximate the oddball color of the sign on the back, same color whatever Tourmeister wants on the front, perhaps "twtex.com" with or without "Two Wheeled Texans" in a old west looking font.

Black Hanes Beefy-T (same t-shirt Harley uses) with flourescent neon inferno orange mixed with neon orbit yellow to approximate the oddball color of the sign on the back, same color whatever Tourmeister wants on the front, perhaps "twtex.com" with or without "Two Wheeled Texans" in a old west looking font.

maybe both.
Two Wheeled Texans, and then right below it smaller www.twtex.com

Not a road sign, but a street sign with a strange name. Sounds like a country off Rocky and Bullwinkle to me. Clay County, TX.

lower_slobova.jpg

do I see this turning into a strange/weird/or just plain cool street sign thread?

jetwarning.jpg

Back