• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Street Ride Saturday 1/29/2022

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Bowman
I'm bored and need to get out and ride! I'll leave from Maxim Honda in Plano at 11am Saturday morning and ride out to Lake Lavon, passing through east McKinney to Blue Ridge to Whitewright and ride the 697 to Sherman, then turn around and ride back to Whitewright. Then I'll take 121 west to Van Alstyne, head south to Anna taking the 455 west ending up in Celina. This is usually a 2+ hour ride on one tank of gas. I'll be on a Kawasaki Ninja but this will be at the speed limit - maybe just a little over but nothing crazy. Glad to have the company if anyone wants to ride along.

Sounds interesting and the weather should be nice for a ride. I'd join you but I am in quarantine with the 'rona. Hopefully some members here will join you.

If I wasn't still scared of having another dismount, I'd join you. Since March of 2020, my riding has been very sparse. I may change my mind after I sleep tonight. I need to get over my fear and ride some more.

Out of curiosity, the portion of 121 you'll be riding, is that a toll portion? I ask because some people may be like me and refuse to give the NTTA any of my money.

Hi notyou83, this section of 121 is FM121 that connects Hwy 160 south of Whitewright to Van Alstyne. It's a great stretch of road and we won't be riding any toll roads tomorrow.

You inspired me. Gonna take the F800GT out tomorrow. Going to continue quarantine by riding by myself. ;-) I was down a day and a half. Popping Dayquil and vitamin supplements has kept me manageable. Popped first dose of ivermectin couple hours ago and other than being tired and coughing occasionally, I feel pretty good. Let's hope 8 hours of sleep just improves things even more. Ride safe.

If anyone is south of Arlington tomorrow and sees a white Beemer being ridden by a short guy, keep away and give me a wide berth. Dang you commie bastiards!

This morning when I woke up and ran to the store to get milk for cereal, it was still in the 30's. I couldn't find my cold weather gear this morning and would have woken my wife up getting my riding clothes if I had tried.

Now that it's past noon, its pretty nice outside. Wish I could have made this ride, but the cold kept me from really trying. I hope the OP and anyone else who went on the ride had a great time with no issues.

Thanks notyou83, is was a great ride. An extra layer was great to start and I was able to open up the jacket vents towards the end of the ride. It ended up being a great day for a fun ride.

I'll be doing more of these through the year and maybe even some large group RTEs so I hope we can meet up this year.

Sharkey, how was your ride?
Well I got a late start but rode south for about an hour, turned around and came back home. Just me and some tunes in my earphones. It was a good ride. Fixing to take scooter out in a bit to do same thing. Maybe I will stop at Sonic too. :rider:

Back