• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom-a-Thon #1 is in the books

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
McDowell
What a great multiple day ride. Stroms and Notastom alike. Playing together as one.

I need to thank all the volunteer guides for all their great routes and their time on showing off our beautiful Texas Hill Country. In particular Mr2mch (Rod the man) and Mudclod (Will the dirt man). And Rod also for organizational efforts is pulling this off. StrokedNBored for the great T shirt design and all the work in getting them ordered, then delivered.

I'll post additional thanks and comments later but for now want to give all the inmates a place to hang their pictures, video and comments. That said I now turn this place over to the inmates.

ude8ejab.jpg

ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Strom-a-Thom #1 is in the books

Mudclod's group stopping for a break in the shade.
9y5a9uzu.jpg

Thanks for the invite, Jerry! Mason and I had shore patrol last night... didn't even bring a tent....I mean hey, it was only 45? :deal:

It was a blessing to see Jerry, Will, Rick, James, Steve, David (Silver Bullet), David A., Gina, Peter, Keith, and to meet Jeff and his dad Bob! Also nice to visit with Mike and Alan at breakfast. I liked the sticker on the back of Mudclod's van that said:
"If this van is a knocking............then I'm loading up my DL1000, so give me a hand and push!!!!!" :rofl: What a nice van for camping and motorcycling! :sun:

Here is our campsite:

Attachments

• LLANOpark50214.jpg
    LLANOpark50214.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 293

If anybody is on the fence about meeting any of these people don't be,I really haven't met a nicer group of people.Great time Great riding proud to call myself a Strom-Athoner.I didn't get any pictures so happily awaiting to see what pops up.Thanks Lee.

I'm sorry I had to leave today. I did have a great ride out west before heading back to Austin. Home by 2 pm, just missed the heat (my plan all along)
The V-strom photo looks great. I know a few more would of been there but had to leave today also.

Thanks for all your efforts, you know who you are. Weather was amazing, great location too.
Sign me up for the '15 T shirt to add to my collection:rider:

Attachments

• CAM01201.jpg
    CAM01201.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 297
  • CAM01202.jpg
    CAM01202.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 278
  • CAM01206.jpg
    CAM01206.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 287
  • CAM01211.jpg
    CAM01211.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 272
I was glad to at least make an appearance on Saturday, and had the pleasure of enjoying a great ride with Rod's group through some amazing goat roads! Scenes from "deliverance" came to mind....lol

Sorry I had to return home, but next years event I'll be in for a long weekend. Great to meet such a great group of people! I wish everyone good times, great riding, and a safe return home!

Some of my pictures of the day

Attachments

• image-739333532.jpg
    image-739333532.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 286
  • image-3151906616.jpg
    image-3151906616.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 276
  • image-2630043126.jpg
    image-2630043126.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 305
  • image-29100335.jpg
    image-29100335.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 281
  • image-478956912.jpg
    image-478956912.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 284

Think we saw some 'strommers' in Mason yesterday on our back from BBRSP. The group was parked along the main drag at the courthouse. There was one of the few red V-strom I've seen in the group.

A couple of more pics.

Attachments

• CAM01231.jpg
    CAM01231.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 280
  • CAM01226.jpg
    CAM01226.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 284
  • CAM01212.jpg
    CAM01212.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 281

Raffle prizes being awarded Saturday evening.
4era7u4y.jpg

Low water crossing somewhere about 30miles from Llano?
de8ysy2e.jpg

Rod, you take us on our final leg of this years event[emoji2]

ATGATT.

Strom-A-Thon Texas 2014 May 2-4 2014

Excellent weekend with everybody. Thanks again to the organizers for putting on the trip. Same time next year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much to these hard working cats, Mr2mch and Timbercat for pulling this together. An outstanding event! I'll get cracking on some images.

059_zps45d18b09.jpg

After breakfast at the Hungry Hunter my friends and I drove out to the Regency bridge.
RegencyBridgeMarker_zps44a393f0.jpg

Photo is from the paved road about four miles north of the bridge. Fairly gnarly as far as gravel roads go, but the two sportbikes in our group survived unscathed.

The wooden suspension bridge is open to vehicular traffic with a posted 8000 lb gross weight limit. Given that some of the boards sagged under the weight of my boot I would be very leery taking an auto across it. Ignorance is bliss though. We saw multiple vehicles drive over it and none of them fell through.

Re: Strom-A-Thon Texas 2014 May 2-4 2014

Fun time. Thanks for putting this together. Will post pics later this week

Great times this weekend.

It was nice to meet some new people and make some new friends.

3 sisters on Friday
20140502_113538.jpg

Saturday Line Up
20140503_182808.jpg

Home, showered, & road beaten. But what a blast this weekend was. I'll post some more pictures later, but here are a couple that really count. While not the official group photo, this is an indication as to what the turnout was like, and who showed up lakeside yesterday evening for the photo shoot. The official photos were taken by the incomparable Mr Tim Cannon, and will appear shortly, I'm sure.

DSC_0660_zps663fd513.jpg

DSC_0659_zps9372cf40.jpg

Hey folks-

Wow, what a great weekend. Thank you all for the top notch riding, great camaraderie, outpouring of help and making it sound fun enough in the first place to add 20 hours or so of riding to get there and back.

Sorry to miss the group photo and campfire BS last night, but I cut away after we watched the Kentucky Derby at the Castell General Store and made it as far as the HoJo in Lubbock, so today was a much easier ride.

I got some good pics and video and will do some editing, but in the meantime here is a start (pay attention at :30 or so)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BgBBA8vpFI"]treetop flyer - strommin' the hill country with TWTEX - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks again, see you next year.

FYI, whoever got my bodged Richland Rick shelf in the drawing, here is some help on putting it back together:

http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,16853.msg176597.html#msg176597

I posted up in the after the ride thread, but thanks for the great weekend!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BgBBA8vpFI"]treetop flyer - strommin' the hill country with TWTEX - YouTube[/ame]

Late Strom-A-Thon T-Shirt Orders:

If you didn't get on the original order list and still want to have an inaugural Strom-A-Thon T-shirt.... you can!

Strom-A-Thon+Front.png

Strom-A-Thon+Back.png

Here is a link to the website that made them.
The pricing is progressive with the # of shirts ordered at once... so, if there are several people that would like to order one... I would suggest doing so all together.

Strom-A-Thon 2014 Shirt Order Page

Late Strom-A-Thon T-Shirt Orders:

If you didn't get on the original order list and still want to have an inaugural Strom-A-Thon T-shirt.... you can!

Strom-A-Thon+Front.png

Strom-A-Thon+Back.png

Here is a link to the website that made them.
The pricing is progressive with the # of shirts ordered at once... so, if there are several people that would like to order one... I would suggest doing so all together.

Strom-A-Thon 2014 Shirt Order Page

Back