• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom-A-Thon and Others 2015 May 1-2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
McDowell
Welcome to another rally that's not a rally.
May 1-2-3rd. 2015.

Strom-A-Thon-2.jpg

Strom-a-thon-2014-1000.jpg

This is a NO fee, NO registration event for all Suzuki V-stroms and Others, young or old, any color, and any size.

Year 2 for this annual spring time event.

Last years attendance was other 50 bikes. Not bad for a first time event. We should top that this year.

Last Years After Ride Report
Harvested Pictures from 2014

This is primarily a riding event but families would enjoy this area as well. The area is great for sightseeing the hill country plus the spring time that most years bring an abundance of wild flowers. A major photo op here. They have been getting rain in Llano this spring which should increase the flowers from last year.

There are no set routes. You just explore the hill country and find all its great offerings. Meet up with like minded and skilled explorers.

Last year we had several great volunteer ride leaders leading both paved and combination (dirt and paved) rides. We hope to see them and others this year. (This means you Rod (Mr2mch) and MudClod)

Below you will find some sights just waiting to be explored.

Locations: Llano Texas in the heart of the Texas Hill country.

Llano (/ˈlænoʊ/ LAN-oh) is a city in Llano County, Texas,

About Llano:

How to find Llano MAP:

Hill Country

Fredericksburg

Enchanted Rock

Regency Suspension Bridge

Wildflowers of Texas

Lyndon B Johnson National Historic Park

Great Texas Wildlife Peach Loop

Longhorn Cavern State Park

Ride Headquarter: Days Inn & Suites 609 Bessemer Ave. 866-261-1141 (V-Strom Motorcycle Group Rate) $69.00 plus tax $78.09 for single or double queen. Kings and suites are also available but you will need to work out that rate with the hotel. 17 rooms that are currently available at this rate. 16 actually as I reserved 1. These rooms can be cancelled up to 4PM this night before your arrival. So if you are considering doing this ride and need a motel room you may want to jump on this early.

The Days Inn has dropped their rate from $99.00 to $69.00 for our ride group. This rate includes a free deluxe continental breakfast. They have coffee makers in the rooms plus refrigerator and microwave. There is also a community BBQ area with a large open parking area and is next door to the Badu which is where we will have Saturday evening get together. (see below for more information in the Badu)

DaysInn-1-M.jpg

DaysInn-2-M.jpg

Lone Star Inn - 325-247-4111 has gone up on us this year. They were not open to any rate reduction so their rate is 64.95 ($73.34 including taxes) for any room, king or double, non-smoking or smoking. They have 50 rooms.

700 W. Young St. (Hwy 29 W.)

Food:

In the general there is plenty of places to eat. You will find the Meat Market steak house and down the block is the famous Coopers BBQ. There is also a bakery just down the street from the Days Inn. :trust:

Camping and RV: The Llano City Robinson campground.

From TX 16: FM 152 W 2 mi. On Llano River., Llano TX 78643

RV park office manager @ 325-247-7905. Reservations are not required for the tent camping area. Fee for camping is a wopping $5.00 per head per night. If you are wanting to use their RV facilities check there for rates and availability. They may be busy by this time.

Last edited:
Re: Strom-A-Thon and Others 2015 May 8-9-10

First IN (and not on a Strom!)

I'll be next but I'm also riding a non-Strom this year. Count is now Strom's 1, non-Strom's 3 (assuming Lee rides his BMW). What is the name of this event again? Lol The Non-Strom-A-Thon?

_

I'll be next but I'm also riding a non-Strom this year. Count is now Strom's 1, non-Strom's 3 (assuming Lee rides his BMW). What is the name of this event again? Lol The Non-Strom-A-Thon?

_
Lee will be riding his Strom!!!!!!!!!!:trust: Currently 2 and 2.

Attaboy Lee.....
Letem kno whoz tha Strom

Actually...I guess this makes me twoStrom

But seeriously folks... Us Strommers welcome any & all other makes.... bring whatcha got
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Count me in! It's in the calender. Can't what to hit click, and that crazy sandy road again with Mudclod! This should be BA!

mother's day? really?
since i have a mother and a wife (mother of my children) i'm in for fri-sat.
had a really good time last year and met some fine folks.
one more wee-strom in

Mothers Day [emoji21]
My Bad! Should it be moved to 1,2 and 3rd.???

ATGATT. Lee
" I never worry about getting lost.
I just change where I plan on going."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mothers Day
My Bad! Should it be moved to 1,2 and 3rd.???

Count me in for sure either way.....

But that said, gotta keep harmony in the Rooster House, so my vote is to move it as you suggest above Lee, unless the overall consensus feels otherwise. For some of us Mothers Day is a tough one to weasel out of........

yeah, with Mother's Day being one of our busiest days of the year...i gotta vote for changing the dates :-(

:rider:

I was all in until I saw the Mothers Day comment :giveup:.

Please, please, please change the date. I really want to make it again :rider:

Mothers day, finals, ick.

Wish I was home for this one :/

Mother's Day? Sorry, I'm out.

OK...... In honor of all of our mothers and wife's, Strom-A-Thon and Others is officially moved to May 1 -2- 3. :doh:

OK...... In honor of all of our mothers and wife's, Strom-A-Thon and Others is officially moved to May 1 -2- 3. :doh:

Good, I'm back in. My normally patient & longsuffering wife made it very plain to me that if I go moto camping on Mother's Day weekend, I shouldn't hurry back anytime soon. :duck:

Good, I'm back in. My normally patient & longsuffering wife made it very plain to me that if I go moto camping on Mother's Day weekend, I shouldn't hurry back anytime soon. :duck:

Careful there, next thing you know she'll want you to stay home on her birthday and your wedding anniversary also!

The date change is good and the right thing to do Lee. Unfortunately for myself it now conflicts with another ride plan so I'm forced to make a decision.

_

SilverBullet;1321198Unfortunately for myself it now conflicts with another ride plan so I'm forced to make a decision. _[/QUOTE said:
SB sorry about causing a conflict but I hope you select Strom-A-Thon 2015.

ATGATT. Lee
" I never worry about getting lost.
I just change where I plan on going."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back