• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY STROM-A-THON is now HILL COUNTRY SPRING RALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
That's right: STROM-A-THON is now HILL COUNTRY SPRING RALLY

This is a SaveTheDate and GetTheJuicesFlowing notification.

WHEN: first weekend in April. (April 3-5, 2020)

WHERE: Medina. The venue can accommodate everyone; whether arriving in a Class A or carrying nothing more than a bed roll.

HOW MUCH: $45.00pp includes, gps and paper routes, Saturday breakfast and Saturday dinner, t-shirt, sticker and more.

WHO: street legal bikes, riders of all abilities and interests.

Strom-A-Thon has been an awesome way to get together and ride some of the best areas of the state. SAT has also been low-key and casual. We want to keep the spirit of SAT while upping our game a little.

Watch this thread for all the upcoming news and details....

So, in the immortal words of Beemerless Bob, “WHAT SAY YOU?”

Hotel options for the wimpy non-camping folks (me)?
Medina proper or Medina outlying? To investigate airbnb options for the wimpy (me). If it's too early for such info, I understand.

Glad to see this continue. It will interesting to see what it morphs into. Thanks for taking the reins.

Man that sounds great!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Medina proper or Medina outlying? To investigate airbnb options for the wimpy (me). If it's too early for such info, I understand.

Glad to see this continue. It will interesting to see what it morphs into. Thanks for taking the reins.
Hi Phil, the campground has several cabins available. I'll wait for Gina to announce the name.

In my humble opinion, camping and RVing at the same venue is the best way to enjoy TWT camaraderie during a meet. For some, like me, the roads are only half of the fun. Visiting at the venue is the other half. If you're staying at a motel, etc, plan on hanging out at the campground as much as possible.
I'm glad this Spring meet will continue. Thanks Gina and J.T.

Interested.

Discovering the potential venue would be a high point :)

Awright!

Drum roll please....

Hill Country RV and Event Center

830-589-7475

It’s on Hwy 16 about 30 min out of Kerrville, on the way to Medina.

If you call to reserve a cabin, RV slot, or a shelter – please remember to mention Two Wheeled Texans.

If you are tenting it-no need to make a reservation.

More later!

"We require a 1 night deposit for all reservations. This is non- refundable and does apply to your reservation charges. If you cancel for any reason., we will happily give you a raincheck that is valid for 1 year. We do not give refunds. You will lose your deposit after it expires. "

Good to know.

So, I have a silly new guy question. How much off pavement time can we expect to see?

So, I have a silly new guy question. How much off pavement time can we expect to see?

Not a silly question. Although "the pavement is slowly creeping" just about everywhere, JT will cobble together some dirty routes for folks.
Medina is within launching distance of unpaved county roads. But you will need to be able to ride highways to get to dirt.

Thanks Phil!

As JT noted, cabins of various sizes are available and I hope one will be suitable for you. The next closest place would Highpoint Resort (formerly Coyotes) also on hwy 16, but a little closer to Kerrville.

https://medinahighpointresort.com

Not a silly question. Although "the pavement is slowly creeping" just about everywhere, JT will cobble together some dirty routes for folks.
Medina is within launching distance of unpaved county roads. But you will need to be able to ride highways to get to dirt.
That's perfect! Thanks a bunch.

That's perfect! Thanks a bunch.

Hey Adv. Just go grab as many off pavements you can until then. I promise all the off pavements are maintained county roads that can be handled easily that are near kerrville. The farther west you go the more likelihood there will be a few less maintained roads with some sand and some wash outs but it won't be likely that the routes will take you there on this one. From what I've seen the past few years Strom A Thon has been more on the adventure bike side rather than the off pavement pounders.

Hey Adv. Just go grab as many off pavements you can until then. I promise all the off pavements are maintained county roads that can be handled easily that are near kerrville. The farther west you go the more likelihood there will be a few less maintained roads with some sand and some wash outs but it won't be likely that the routes will take you there on this one. From what I've seen the past few years Strom A Thon has been more on the adventure bike side rather than the off pavement pounders.
Duly noted. Thanks Strom.

Woo Hoo!! [emoji3]
Dates reserved in my calendar.
I am in!
Now need to decide: camping or cabin? [emoji848]

[emoji471] Winner!!! Checking the radar range [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back