• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY STROM-A-THON is now HILL COUNTRY SPRING RALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gina.... The Rally is on a roll
....a buttery hot cinnamon roll
(I havent had breakfast yet...)

You picked a good place for home base

For those who havent guessed yet...
Gina is the new rally leader for 2020

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I remember that awesome place.....a cold December weekend campout with Jim 6-7 years ago. April 'should' be warmer :lol2:

It been years since, I 'should' have a running bike by then :trust: At the very least have a good running van again :pirate:

The canine crew is in!!

Thank you Gina :thumb:

Do the rides start on Friday the 3rd? Or Saturday the 4th?

Trying to figure out vacation time.

I'm in. Cabin at Hill Country RV and Event Center reserved. How do I pay the registration fees?

Riding Friday? Yes! in the past, there have been groups going out on Friday. should be easy to hook up with someone(s) and have a good afternoon ride.

We will post up a sample loop for folks but off the top o my head:

turn left out of the venue, riding toward the town of Medina.

turn right onto hwy 337 and ride it til you come to a T intersection, this is hwy 187. turn right.

go just a few miles to the vanderpool general store (fuel, snacks and clean restroom avail). turn left at the store, this puts you back on 337.

as you head up the incline toward the "mountains", send a prayer to the gods for clear passage (no herds of hawgs, no grandpa in the farm truck going to check on his heifers...)

assume your track position and hang on for the funnest stretch of pavement the entire state of texas has to offer.

after zipping up, down and around the hills and canyons, cool your jets as you coast into Leakey.

if you're hungry, check out the Bent Rim (ok burgers, nice views) or any other place that catches your eye.

personally, i would then simply reverse the route. i'm assuming you've just arrived earlier that day and therefore just have a few hours.

plenty of other options, look for some gps routes soon

Life, started a new business, two week hospital stay, more life...not enough time. Looking forward to lots of seat time...

Riding Friday? Yes! in the past, there have been groups going out on Friday. should be easy to hook up with someone(s) and have a good afternoon ride.

We will post up a sample loop for folks but off the top o my head:

turn left out of the venue, riding toward the town of Medina.

turn right onto hwy 337 and ride it til you come to a T intersection, this is hwy 187. turn right.

go just a few miles to the vanderpool general store (fuel, snacks and clean restroom avail). turn left at the store, this puts you back on 337.

as you head up the incline toward the "mountains", send a prayer to the gods for clear passage (no herds of hawgs, no grandpa in the farm truck going to check on his heifers...)

assume your track position and hang on for the funnest stretch of pavement the entire state of texas has to offer.

after zipping up, down and around the hills and canyons, cool your jets as you coast into Leakey.

if you're hungry, check out the Bent Rim (ok burgers, nice views) or any other place that catches your eye.

personally, i would then simply reverse the route. i'm assuming you've just arrived earlier that day and therefore just have a few hours.

plenty of other options, look for some gps routes soon
This last hard left turn before you come into Lakey after a long straight away...BRAKES BRAKES BRAKES !!

Battlestations!

I would like to head there Thursday afternoon to ride Friday and Saturday, but need to check first with my GF. She may want to join this rally.

I may pop in on Saturday morning for another rip through the Sisters. There is a nice dirt connection between 336 and 335. Most will be in ADV bikes. I can lead a group that way if I make and a group wants to.

I would like to head there Thursday afternoon to ride Friday and Saturday, but need to check first with my GF. She may want to join this rally.
that'd be awesome if she comes! looking forward to meeting her.

I may pop in on Saturday morning for another rip through the Sisters. There is a nice dirt connection between 336 and 335. Most will be in ADV bikes. I can lead a group that way if I make and a group wants to.

Suh-weet! i'm sure you'll have plenty o takers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back