• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom-A-Thon Texas 2014 May 2-4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
McDowell
Welcome
8ymegu7y.jpg

This is a NO fee, NO registration event for all Suzuki V-stroms, young or old, any color, and any size. We hope this will become an annual event so let us see if we can make this happen. I initially posted this as a Texas event but that could change as we see this develop.

This is primarily a riding event but can also be a family event as well. The area is great for sightseeing the hill country plus the spring time of most years bring an abundance of wild flowers. A major photo op here. My wife has not been to Llano other to drive thru on our way north, so she plans on coming for Friday and Saturday nights to explore the area. Other SO's are welcome to join in as well.

Locations: Llano Texas in the heart of the Texas Hill country.
Llano (/ˈlænoʊ/ LAN-oh) is a city in Llano County, Texas,

About Llano:

How to find Llano MAP:

Hill Country

Fredericksburg

Enchanted Rock

Regency Suspension Bridge

Wildflowers (be sure to check this out)

Ride Headquarter: Lone Star Inn - 325-247-4111
Special TWTEX rate is 59.95 ($67.80 including taxes) for any room, king or double, non-smoking or smoking. They have 50 rooms.
Be sure to tell them who you are with and check the rate.
Managers are Mike and Sima and will be our contacts for this event.
700 W. Young St. (Hwy 29 W.)

Food:
Next to the Lone Star Inn is the Hungry Hunter which is good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They open at 6:00 am.
Across the street you will find the Meat Market steak house and down the block is the famous Coopers BBQ. These are all with close walking distance.

Camping and RV: The Llano City Robinson campground.
From TX 16: FM 152 W 2 mi. On Llano River., Llano TX 78643

RV park office manager @ 325-247-7905. Reservations are not required for the tent camping area. Fee for camping is a wopping $1.00 per head per night. If you are wanting to use their RV facilities check there for rates and availability. They may be busy by this time.

syrehevy.jpg

Other Points of Interest

Visit LBJ's Ranch
Swim in the Blue Hole.
Hamilton Pool Preserve.
Pedernales Falls State Park
The Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls

In-Mates

Timbercat +1 2012 Glee (Orange)
SpirtAtBay. 09 Wee
SilverBullet. 04 Wee
RockmanTex. 11 Wee (White). Camping
Mr2mch. 06 Wee (gold fender
Vffame. 06 Vee. Camping
DaveC. Vee. Camping
JMZ. 05 Vee
Mudclod 08 Vee
Dutchess. 12 Vee
TJ 11 Wee
V-Lust. 05 Vee
Louwest. Vee
grsa. Wee
hardybaker 2012 vee. Out :-(
TWTourist. 2012 Glee A
Vinny. 2006 Wee Red
tselfer 2005 Wee
Tony839294. 2010 Wee
Stroked&Bored. 04 Wee. Camping
MCRuss. 06 Wee Camping
Hail. XC
Steve Williams. Vee
Proforguns. Wee
Zephyr. Notastrom. OUT
Tim-cannon. 2012 Vee. Camping
West of West 2013 Glee
Shermandns. Notastrom. Camping
Warhammer. 2014 Vee
rapabq. ?
RoosterMan. 2008 Wee. Camping
SantaFeTrailer. Vee. Camping
Picachu. Wee
Fort Worth Red
NotSoFas! 05 Wee Camping
AdventureDallas. 11 Wee. Camping
DRZBRI. Notastrom
EuroMedic. Notastrom
ZZcruiser 2012 650 Glee ABS
Adventuredgc +1 1000 Adv. both
Kickstand-prophet. Notastrom. Camping
Twofingerzen. 2012. Glee. Camping
Gravelguy & Son. Notastrom. Camping

Last edited:
Lee....Ya don't even hafta ask me....

I'm there.... already! in my mind.
We gotta use up some pavement... (& gravel) while it's still not "ovenlike" Easybake
gyhe9y3y.jpg

qamyda4e.jpg

8y2e6yhe.jpg

06 Wheeee (Goldfender)

UPDATE:

I'll have all Butler Maps at special pricing. The Texas Hill Country map is an excellent source for road suggestions.

1 MAP $14
2 FOR $25
3 FOR $35
4 FOR $45...etc

& My Tye Dyed Texas Stickers ...2 FOR $5

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

In, not sure if camping or not.

06 VEE

Lee....Ya don't even hafta ask me....

I'm there.... already! in my mind.
We gotta use up some pavement... (& gravel) while it's still not "ovenlike" Easybake

06 Wheeee (Goldfender)

Rod, Hopefully we can make up some suggested routes. At least major points of interest. Whatcha think!

Rod, Hopefully we can make up some suggested routes. At least major points of interest. Whatcha think!

That would be the correct man for the task. Who is the dirt road guru? I believe Rod knows mainly the paved roads. I would like to take in some dirt roads also.

Lee, not even two hours have went by and you have 6 people confirmed already. I think this is destined to be a big turnout!

_

That would be the correct man for the task. Who is the dirt road guru? I believe Rod knows mainly the paved roads. I would like to take in some dirt roads also.

Lee, not even two hours have went by and you have 6 people confirmed already. I think this is destined to be a big turnout!

_

You could handle the dirt I bet.

Plus we need someone to create a poster for the bike shops. Looking for that creative person.

Last edited:

There are plenty of interestn places around the area... major landmarks like Enchanted Rock & others

Generally... The county roads south will be mostly paved... The ones north & west...more gravelly/sandy. To the east... paved... & more populated in places.

I have more of a locally noted landmark memory... the old large house sittin back off the road(RR2323 near Prairie Mtn)....
Langes Mill out near Doss... the sign for Oatmeal Tx.... & all my points where I memorized my turns over the years... Paul's Garage sign CR335@CR330... The old windmill @ Moccosin Bend & Weaver Chapel Rd in Coryell Co.

I'll b glad ta put some things ta gether..... I have paved & gravel goodies... jus prefer the pavement when leadn folks around due to the dust factor in groups... but I'm cool with both surface options.

so far, looks like we're in.

duchess - '12 vee
tj - '11 wee OR '08 vee we may be picking up this weekend. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back