• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom-A-Thon Texas 2014 May 2-4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've put in at work for a 3 day weekend so I have plenty of time to use up some pavement... (& gravel)
..hopefully showin folks round(& round)the area all 3 days if ya'll want...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I've put in at work for a 3 day weekend so I have plenty of time to use up some pavement... (& gravel)
..hopefully showin folks round(& round)the area all 3 days if ya'll want...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Rod you got at least 1 follower in me ?

ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I am officially out now. I'm very involved in an annual leaders retreat for my church. And I just got word this morning that, for this year only, they've moved the date from April to the first weekend of May. That, of course, conflicts with the Strom-a-thon. Maybe next year, guys -- priorities, you know.

Please log me "in with the in crowd." 2012 strom-bagged BMW, pulling my Leesure Lite camper. It sure would be nice if someone could bring firewood. I hope to see YOU there.

Please log me "in with the in crowd." 2012 strom-bagged BMW, pulling my Leesure Lite camper. It sure would be nice if someone could bring firewood. I hope to see YOU there.

Well your 2012 Strom is noted...... I'm sure someone will bring additional firewood.:trust:

Unfortunately, I am officially out now. I'm very involved in an annual leaders retreat for my church. And I just got word this morning that, for this year only, they've moved the date from April to the first weekend of May. That, of course, conflicts with the Strom-a-thon. Maybe next year, guys -- priorities, you know.

T-shelf,
Was looking forward to meeting you!
But fully understand.
Another time!

i have a wee but i don't take it off road. just don't like the weight and the way it handles.
I'm tinking about it

i have a wee but i don't take it off road. just don't like the weight and the way it handles.
I'm tinking about it

Many of the good routes in that area are paved. You would have no difficulty spending the entire weekend and not hit the same roads. Sooooo come on out.

Route planning is underway. Feel free to make suggestions of specific routes or points of interest. And would like to hear about good eats along the way. :clap:

Route planning is underway. Feel free to make suggestions of specific routes or points of interest. And would like to hear about good eats along the way. :clap:

no suggestions here. new to this part of texas territory and looking forward to the weekend and routes. :rider:

As this gets closer, anyone leaving from houston area let me know

Since they do not discriminate I will ride out there with you. We may even be able to tag along with Gina and others if we are lucky.

Well, they changed the date of my leaders retreat again. So, it looks like I'm back in for this event.

As for the route, I'll just add my 2 cents and say that I'm not much of a fan of being off pavement on a bike as heavy as a Strom. I'll do a little gravel, but that's about my limit. Other than that, I'm just along for the ride.

Since they do not discriminate I will ride out there with you. We may even be able to tag along with Gina and others if we are lucky.

No discrimination here. Besides I was a Tiger before I become a Strommer.

ATGATT.

No discrimination but all non stroms have to park in the back , kinda out of site :trust:

We will not hide Brad's beautiful bike!

Wait, maybe we should, that Tiger makes all the other bikes feel inadequate...

So Brad, you're coming on the XC? I've been wanting to take a good hard look at one of the new Tigers.

Count me in please. Probably hotel but might camp if weather is not too hot.

We will not hide Brad's beautiful bike!

Wait, maybe we should, that Tiger makes all the other bikes feel inadequate...

I will take all the group photos so you all can be in them together. ;)

Funny, the tiger makes me feel inadequate!

I will take all the group photos so you all can be in them together. ;)

Funny, the tiger makes me feel inadequate!

Would be really nice to have a group photo. Now if we can only find a field of wildflower as THE place. I can tell you, we need rain now to have much chance for the abundance of wild flowers that area is known for.

And I don't want you to feel inadequate so bring your title along and we can just do a trade, right there on the spot. Whatcha think of deem apples. :-)))))

ATGATT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back