• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

Jaws 2
A little too soon to go back into the water, isn't it?

A little history for those born after 1980 with the Jaws (75 , "were gonna need a bigger boat") movie madness that made everyone squirm.
Jaws was one of the first true horror classics that was realistic that every one could relate to and was not campy like so many before it's time.

"just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water". Tag line for ,

Jaws 2
Ushering in the age of the inferior sequel, Jaws 2 was essentially a license to print money. Indeed, the film did very well despite blatantly replicating the plot of Steven Spielberg's original, though to lesser effect. Roy Scheider returns as Martin Brody, sheriff of the small island town of Amity. Just as the beachside resort is rebounding from the previous movie's shark attacks, another great white is snacking on divers and water-skiers. Naturally, the town fathers don't want to confront reality and choose to proceed with a lucrative sailing regatta, resulting in a grisly loss of life. Besides the fact that director Jeannot Szwarc takes an impersonal, workaday approach to the film, Jaws 2 manages to be both stylistically flat and openly cynical about its commercial intentions. Of chief interest here is Scheider's performance, which wisely reflects the emotional fallout from Brody's last trauma in his obsessive behavior here. --Tom Keogh

Last edited:
Yeah
bruce.jpg

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Hey Rod, for next year, how about considering the first week of May? The end of March/first of April can still be pretty cold.

The first couple of Strom A Thons were in early May...but I moved it up to mid April to catch more Bluebonnets.....moved up again to end of March .....to avoid anuther rally happenin mid Apr
& the flowers moved up too!! They were out in Feb!

Yeah, you never can tell with the weather. Might be cool one year and hot the next. I'd keep it when it is just to maximize the bluebonnet viewing.

If any of yall have some suggestions that could be applied to a future Strom A Thon...
Be my guest & post em here
I wont guarantee the suggestion will be used....but all ideas would be welcomed.

That thought has been bandied about before...... At the time...the "Powers" that be were preoccupied with other events

LOL ! ! !
Fixed !
It would be awesome to have a Spring flower bloom and a Fall Color change Strom-a-Thon. Like the one down in Fredericksburg and maybe one up in northern Arkansas or southern Missouri in the Ozarks or something similar. The weather is the biggest problem up there in the fall though.

There is already an organised TWT Fall Rally held for the past few years in Eureka Springs....I dont think anuther event up there is needed.

There is already an organised TWT Fall Rally held for the past few years in Eureka Springs....I dont think anuther event up there is needed.

Is it possible to have too many planned rallies? :ponder: :zen: I don't think so. We still need a fall rally/group thing in the hill country this fall.

Back