• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
I jus got off the phone with Bob Kee of Destination Cycles in Kerrville.
They are goin ta provide us with a nice Saturday mornin breakfast 8AM at the dealership on Loop 534 across from the School.
There will be tacos donuts coffee n juice to choose from so we wont be all hungry hedded out for our rides.
BIG THANX TO BOB & HIS CREW FOR THIS!

We would prob be wise to have our various ride groups separated out before heddn over there....& each group can then leave directly from the dealership
Or not.....jus sayin it might make for quiker ride start times

Last edited:

Ocho

Forum Supporter
I’ll be looking for a group. Honestly, I would like to ride the sisters (never done it), but can be definitely lured by other routes.

Did Willow Loop this past weekend with extreme fog and that was fun.

2WheelNut

Forum Supporter
For those in the know, when would be the right time to ride the sisters on this trip? Friday morning?
Friday morning should be fine. The rolling roadblock groups are not typically early risers and most form on the weekend. Even on the weekend, if you can be riding them by 8 and finish by noon, you'll have pretty good results.

On a Friday morning...you'd probably have the road mostly to yourself.

I'm going down there this weekend for a spring break family ride. We'll be riding in the area Saturday through Monday. I'll probably wait until Monday to ride the Sisters...but we'll see.

2WheelNut

Forum Supporter
I was going to call and reserve another but does anyone have a tent site reserved at Schreiners already that they want to share? They say you can put 4 vehicles and up to 8 people per site.

Need space for 2 bikes / riders. Me and GLFlyer. (although Flyer is still TBD) Don't need water or electric but ok if it's there. Will be throwing up a hammock so trees are needed. Happy to share in the space cost with you.

I'm pretty sure I could just show up and find someone and honestly it may be required since I'll need trees....but I guess I'm too much of a planner for that.

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
Here are a couple of good sources for roads in the area....
First is a local Kerrville area/Kerr County map. I've highlighted some of the good paved county roads whether they are dead ends or loops that go thru to main roads
This free map can be found at many places around town...motels..convenience stores..& prob at Schreiner too.
4a18685613a34943e572b01f75e43b92.jpg

54f8171d99223146f759bdc7061e75ea.jpg

Next are a couple of pages from the newly released Benchmark Texas Road & Recreation Atlas. This is very similar to the Mapsco Roads of Texas Atlas but seems to have more current road info...jus not as large scale
44b9c9a07a97efd10b7cd66e5e427ca3.jpg
486e5408a935297c69663ff79273fd80.jpg

Last edited:

sKatZ

Forum Supporter
I was going to call and reserve another but does anyone have a tent site reserved at Schreiners already that they want to share? They say you can put 4 vehicles and up to 8 people per site.

Need space for 2 bikes / riders. Me and GLFlyer. (although Flyer is still TBD) Don't need water or electric but ok if it's there. Will be throwing up a hammock so trees are needed. Happy to share in the space cost with you.

I'm pretty sure I could just show up and find someone and honestly it may be required since I'll need trees....but I guess I'm too much of a planner for that.
Yep - I do. So far, it's me and I think TX-northstar is going to slap a tent down somewhere. I can't remember the site number off-hand. Dig back a page or two. Or I'll get around to remembering it eventually :-P

Yep - I do. So far, it's me and I think TX-northstar is going to slap a tent down somewhere. I can't remember the site number off-hand. Dig back a page or two. Or I'll get around to remembering it eventually :-P
I guess it's about time I actually made it to Stromathon so count me in. I've got a site at Fawn Hideaway and the roolz say it can hold 8 bodies so holla if you want to share a chunk of dirt. The fine print says 2 vehicles per site or there will be excess fees. Anyhoo, #52 from 3/28-31 is good to go.
Looks like #52 is a bit limited on trees Dave, but... there are a few. Spot 50 would be more ideal... but, I think you can make it work at 52. Especially if I don't show up with another hammock to deal with. ;)

2WheelNut

Forum Supporter
Looks like #52 is a bit limited on trees Dave, but... there are a few. Spot 50 would be more ideal... but, I think you can make it work at 52. Especially if I don't show up with another hammock to deal with. ;)

View attachment 229439
View attachment 229440
I'll probably own a hammock stand by then anyway. Kevin almost has me convinced it's worth the $300 to not ever have to worry about needing trees.

Vec

should be lots of MC traffic out on the three sisters for this event, the Thunder in the Hill Country event in Bandera is the same dates.

Dahveed

Forum Supporter
should be lots of MC traffic out on the three sisters for this event, the Thunder in the Hill Country event in Bandera is the same dates.
Oh no, the bars will be packed. So will be roads, with slow moving cruisers. Probably will be a heightened police presence on those roads too.

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter

Seems like those Thunder rallies occur about every other weekend thru the summer. Nevertheless, as was noted earlier, ride early in the day, and/or ride the sisters counterclockwise and you should have clear sailing.

2WheelNut

Forum Supporter
Looks like you are site 52. I'll plan on joining you. Happy to share the site costs as well.

I ordered a hammock stand, trees still good in case GLFlyer shows though. He won't know until we get closer.

sKatZ

Forum Supporter
Looks like you are site 52. I'll plan on joining you. Happy to share the site costs as well.

I ordered a hammock stand, trees still good in case GLFlyer shows though. He won't know until we get closer.
Welcome aboard, sir! I looked at more of 'the rules' and they have a $5 charge for excess vehicles but I don't know what that means in practical terms. We'll find out!

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
Looks like they are going to start in Bandera on Saturday morning and follow this route:

THCPokerRunMap2019-768x537.jpg

Looks like they are going counter clockwise? No Sisters on Saturday, I guess.

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
Because then youre meeting endless traffic in tight blind corners.....
Not my idea of a fun ride...whether its spirited...or sightseeing
I would ride The Sisters either Wed-Thurs ..or Sun-Mon instead

& trafficky conditions wont be confined to just those roads... Many other fun roads in the area will see elevated traffic levels over the weekend

Last edited:

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter
Thanks Jarret for posting the Thunder route. Yup, I would run the sisters clockwise this year.

In my experience, living here in Kerrville, it’s not the doom and gloom ya might think. The crowds are ez to avoid. Ez to spot (hear) in any case. Lol

The majority of our cruisin’ cuzzins stick to the main highways and don’t get started til late morning.

Dahveed

Forum Supporter
Thanks Jarret for posting the Thunder route. Yup, I would run the sisters clockwise this year.

In my experience, living here in Kerrville, it’s not the doom and gloom ya might think. The crowds are ez to avoid. Ez to spot (hear) in any case. Lol

The majority of our cruisin’ cuzzins stick to the main highways and don’t get started til late morning.
Yes, if the Sisters are your Saturday goal, a smart rider/group might want to skip the free breakfast and get on the road earlier to avoid any possible congestion.

Vec

Because then youre meeting endless traffic in tight blind corners.....
Not my idea of a fun ride...whether its spirited...or sightseeing
I would ride The Sisters either Wed-Thurs ..or Sun-Mon instead

& trafficky conditions wont be confined to just those roads... Many other fun roads in the area will see elevated traffic levels over the weekend

this is why I mentioned the issue

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
I've added new info to the first post....
Breakfast...& Supper details.... & group pic info... we need a good location suggestion
& By the way..we need a good photographer too
Ride group info is also on the post
You asked for it........No one could stop it....
ITS COMING...March 28th thru 31st Kerrville Texas
Of course..there may be those Foolish enuff ta stay an xtra day.... 4-1

~The Rules
X$ Never an entry fee...its always FREE
o=o Ride what you want -Its hosted by Stroms & Teneres but any bike is welcome
¬·^··Ride where you want -Or with a group...we'll have folks who kno the area to help out with rides
°¿° Meet -Lots of folks from all over Texas...even NM
:-) ¤ Eat -Plenty of good places ta hava bite while out riding
:-} § Drink -Well...hopefully not that much
¬__ Sleep -Everybody needs some sometime...then we ride
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
MOTEL = SUPER 8 on TX16 near I10
Thurs & Sun $58.65 Fri $65.65 Sat $75.65
All rates are + tax
Rooms with 1 king are slightly less

ALL REMAINING ROOMS UNBLOCKED AS OF FRIDAY MAR 1ST
PRICE GUARANTEES NO LONGER APPLY
ON ANY ROOMS RESERVED AFTER THIS DATE

15 rooms blocked till Mar 1st...we can adjust the ratio of King/Queens as needed if rooms are still avail.
Booking is under Two Wheeled Texans
DO NOT CALL THE SUPER 8 NATIONAL RESERVATIONS PH #
I realise some folks will come Thurs...some Fri..& some my stay thru Sun nite so I booked for 4 nites. You will need to adjust your own room nites when you call

SUPER 8 KERRVILLE. 830-896-1511
CAMPING/CABINS/RV = SCHREINER PARK
Hillside addition TX173 @ Loop 534
Cabins-Highpoint or Midway
Tents/camping-Fox Run or Fawn Hideaway
Park Cabin
RV-Mountain View-water/elect
Deerfield-full hookup 30A
Ranch House & Bunkhouse outside gate
Park layout & pricing shown in pics below
SCHREINER PARK 830-257-5392
View attachment 48134
View attachment 48135
I have some folks who can assist in the planning/details...& with a bit of help... well lets jus see now
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WILLING PARTICIPANTS
Mr2mch-Sup8-Ride leader
grsa-Schreiner
jorgepinera52-motel
bigdave-gs +1-Ranch House
euromedic-Schreiner
vfaame-Ride leader
grandelatte
Jarrett-Sup8
mryo
Big Bird-Ride leader-cabin-1 bed open
rpcraft
MacDaddy-Sup8
maximus_flavius-Ride leader
GLFlyer-Schreiner
Ron Stromer-motel
Multisurface Rider-Sup8
Dahveed-Ranch House
MrgreenGenes-Sup8
2WheelNut-Schreiner
TXnorthstar-Schreiner
Ocho-Ranch House
Texas Oil Man-Sup8
RZ500rich-motel
Gourdhead-Schreiner
StromXTc
viffer07-RV
Liteitup-Sup8
FCBH
james9793
sKatZ-Schreiner
SpiritAtBay-Local-Ride Leader
JT-Sweep
Agman-Sup8
Monica-cabin- beds avail
vstrommer
hodee-Schreiner
RT Slim-Sup8- Wed-Fri
RG-Schreiner

39 on the list so far
SATURDAY MORNIN BREAKFAST AT 8AM
Destination Cycles on Loop534..Thanx Bob
Tacos..Donuts..mmmmm..Coffee..Juice...
SATURDAY GROUP PICTURE jus before supper...location TBD....we need a volunteer photographer...is it U ??
SATURDAY SUPPER AT SIX THIRTY
Billy Gene's on Hwy 27 at Goat Creek
Full menu type place....really good
RIDES - GROUPS - DAYS

Mr2mch - I like mostly paved goatpaths
Thursday from Waco down to Kville
Friday around the area & up to Llano
Saturday closer to Kerrville
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MacDaddy - a lil o this...a lil o that
- Friday...justa bit o gravel
Jarrett
- Saturday....all paved...all good
Liteitup
RZ500rich
2WheelNut
vfaame - Saturday ...some gravel I think
Big Bird - Saturday...mostly paved CRs
maximus_flavious - Saturday mostly gravel Id bet
Spirit At Bay - Saturday small bike friendly
JT
Monica
RG
MAPS OF THE AREA
2 Pages from the new Benchmark Texas Road & Recreation Atlas
View attachment 229431
View attachment 229432
Front & back of a free Kerr Co/Kerrville area map available locally
View attachment 229433
View attachment 229434

Big Bird

Forum Supporter

sent you a PM a few days ago Gina with a route question

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kat, if you have room, I'd like to share your site too.

edit: Just dawned on me that your site is full. I'll get my own.

I just reserved #51 at the Schreiner Park. Anyone else needing a camping spot is welcome to share mine.

Last edited:

Multisurface Rider

Forum Supporter
I've added new info to the first post....
Breakfast...& Supper details.... & group pic info... we need a good location suggestion
& By the way..we need a good photographer too
Ride group info is also on the post
How about Lake Kerrville for the picture?

Monica

Forum Supporter
I'm in minicabin 18 which is just through the trees for you guys in the 50s tents. Might can park a veh at my place, so far just my truck & bike.

StromXTc

Forum Supporter
Rod, sorry for my sarcastic remarks. Most know I can't help myself.

Also, there's that CCC built amphitheater at the park too, may be a good place for a photo gathering

big rolling roadblocks that sometimes form when groups decide to ride in slow formation. Some groups do this more than others and I don't want to bash anyone but seriously....when you're ridiing in perfect formation at 5-10 mph under the speed limit, please be aware when bikes come up behind you, move to single file, and motion them through. Nobody cares if you want to ride slow unless they have to ride behind you.
The old “Pirate Parade”, the folks who ride <500 miles a year, & all at -20mph from posted speeds. I enjoy passing them by the score. But I’m not a patch to Gene.

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
From 2WheelNut.....

[Rode the 3 Sisters on Sunday. Nice ride but there's a fair amount of construction on 335 including a 300 yard section of loose / rough gravel that happens to be at the bottom of a hill and right after a slight turn if you are going northbound. It honestly surprised me a bit. The bike handled fine, but it was a bit surprising and I thought I'd share.

There were a lot of other areas with fresh patching / gravel on the road. In general, I'd rate the road condition on 335 as fair. It's still well worth the ride and I'd recommend it but just know that you might come across a bit of gravel in the corners and that one 300 yard section and it would be best to ride it a bit more conservative than normal. 336 and 337 seemed pretty normal except for that big dip on the cattle guard on 336 that will bottom out most street bikes with stock suspension if you don't slow down to the recommended 45.]

Take heed all ye olde Sisters Slayers
We dont need no crashes