• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

Re: Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 29-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

I bet those bicyclist will move over as we roar past ! ! ! :rofl:

Re: Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 29-31 2019

IMO, you don't want to do that.

That's the weekend of Easter and the 46th Annual Easter Hill Country (Bicycle) Tour.

There will be hundreds of bicycles there that weekend filling up the popular roads, hotels, RV parks and eateries.
It was justa pfunny reply to Macs THC 4/20 remark....no chance we're moovin the date now...so many folks have said that Mar 28-31 works great for them

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Re: Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 29-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

We mite hafta moove it to 4/20 to avoid peak season at KOA....2-15 thru 4-15 according to KOA.....Spring Break

I jus heard bac from them & some rates have changed...They say ..due to required KOA improvements
Tents/nite.. same at $5 per person
Mini Cabins/no linnens/no toilets $40/nite
(were $25 last 2 yrs)
Lg Cabin/no linnens.. similar $105/nite
RV/water/elect/no sewr.. close $32/nite
RV/full hookups... Full price

Schreiner now looks slightly more attractive..cept for basic camping & cabins
Tents $20
Camping/water/elect $25
mini cabins/no linnens $55
park cabin/sheets only $115
Ranch house/sheets only $190....add bunk house +$50
RVs 30/50A full hookup $28
????????????????????????????????????????
Ya'lls thoughts on this

https://www.kerrvilletx.gov/1053/Park-Cabin

Wow, after looking at Schreiner Park in Kerrville, thats a nice place. A lot more cabins. Looks like all the RV sites have full hook-ups. Location is closer to most of the eating establishments as well and the dealer provided FREE breakfast Saturday. Looks like most of the cabins sleep at least 4, so around $25 dollars per person for a warm bunk and a hot shower ! Sounds nice to me. Anyone else have a thought on this place ? ? ?
We need ya'lls input on this possible location change... KOA is only holding for us till Wed next week

2 campsites are booked by other people in Fawn Hide a way at Schreiner as of rite now...Midway & Fox Run Cabins + the Park Cabin are all avail rite now. To hold the spots they require 1 nite pymt for each spot.

Last edited:

We need ya'lls input on this possible location change...

I've stayed there the last couple of years, in RV spots on the Riverside. It's a nice place.

It's split though. Riverside and far side. More spots on the far side.

I guess I'd vote for Schreiners. I hear there aren't many trees at KOA and I'm hammock camping so trees are valuable.

That...and it generally sounds like a nicer place / better deal for cabins and just about everything but primitive camp sites.

But...I'm also still just a definite maybe....so not sure my vote counts too much.

We need ya'lls input on this possible location change... KOA is only holding for us till Wed next week

2 campsites are booked by other people in Fawn Hide a way at Schreiner as of rite now...Midway & Fox Run Cabins + the Park Cabin are all avail rite now. To hold the spots they require 1 nite pymt for each spot.

I'm open to either. I'm either doing a cabin or a hotel. Depending on costs. Probably staying till Monday too.

The "far side" of Kerrville-Schreiner park is quieter/less road noise than the river side; the far side has fewer RV sites w/ full hookups. Have stayed on the river side in motorhome and in 5th wheel and still can hear the noise on hwy 173.
IMO, the RV part of the KOA on Goat Creek Road is a dump - surprised that KOA hadn't made them make much needed improvements before now.

I’m moving to Schneiner park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like Schreiner Park better. So that's my vote ! ! !

Now...ya'll keep in mind....if we move to Schreiner..... YOU need to make your own reservation SOON....pay for 1st nite
THERE IS NO HOLD ON ANY OF THE SPOTS AT SCHREINER Hillside
Fox Run Fawn Loop & Midway are the preferred locations with showers between camp & cabins + near the Park Cabin. RV spots are fairly close too
All up in the trees in Hillside....not Riverside
Call booking as soon as possible
830-257-5392

We will prob be looking at Motels on 16 to be closer to Schreiner
Destination Cycles is on LP 534 near the school & between 173 & 16

Last edited:

Ok folks....looks like Super 8 on Hwy 16 near I10 has our bookings. I blocked 15 rooms total...half king..half 2 queen
The avg cost per room for 2 queens was appx $67 for 3 nites. Each nites rate was different tho...
Thurs & Sun $58.65 Fri $65.65 Sat $75.65
All rates are + tax
Rooms with 1 king are slightly less
15 rooms blocked till Mar 14th...we can adjust the ratio of King/Queens as needed if rooms are still avail.
Booking is under Two Wheeled Texans... I will add the booking # soon
I realise some folks will come Thurs...some Fri..& some my stay thru Sun nite so I booked for 4 nites. You will need to adjust your own room nites when you call

SUPER 8 KERRVILLE 830-896-1511 Nina

Ive added all this Super 8 motel info & Schreiner Park info to the first post

Last edited:

I have got the Ranch House Booked.

Rod, called and tried to book a room at Super 8 and they said no can do.

They're waiting to hear back from you.

I had created a slight snafu by talking to both Wyndham & the Super 8
They are correcting the room block info at this time
Please wait until Monday 12-10 to place your room reservations
Super 8 is aware that some folks will come Thurs...some Fri....& that some may stay Sun nite too

HAHAHA!!! some people are fast and some like me just....... procrastinate :rofl:;-)

Here was my last visit at Kerrville schreiner campground. I believe it was back in April. It used to be $15 per campsite. Am I right gourdhead? Now I guess it's $20. I think it's still worth it because it's a nice large area with trees. here are a few pics. Just make sure you check out at 11am or you are automatically billed another night
901b12f14df28ff686e2f4701739eb64.jpg
9da329207bba68eb34fe72ca6ab4f4e4.jpg
c41b7626b8bdc0e5d0b838d60c415234.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Here was my last visit at Kerrville schreiner campground. I believe it was back in April. It used to be $15 per campsite. Am I right gourdhead? Now I guess it's $20. I think it's still worth it because it's a nice large area with trees. here are a few pics. Just make sure you check out at 11am or you are automatically billed another night
901b12f14df28ff686e2f4701739eb64.jpg
9da329207bba68eb34fe72ca6ab4f4e4.jpg
c41b7626b8bdc0e5d0b838d60c415234.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Looks good to me. The only thing I didn’t like about the Koa was the traffic on the road next to the camp ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shouldnt be an issue with traffic at Schreiner Hillside....up in the trees ..away from the hiway

Shouldnt be an issue with traffic at Schreiner Hillside....up in the trees ..away from the hiway

Perfect!

I will be making a reservation at the Super 8(anyone want to share the room PM me).

Last edited:
Back