• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

Hey, last week i passed by that hotel you stayed at and said was closing. It's totaly flattened now. What is going up in its place, any body know?

Thanks👍
I also found out why I couldnt reach the EconoLodge in Kerrville for a group reservation quote...
Demolition is in progress... I must've been one of the last people to stay there. Lady at Super 8 said property sold early Nov 2018
I stayed at Thanksgiving

Gonna be a HOBBY LOBBY there soon

Thanks👍
I also found out why I couldnt reach the EconoLodge in Kerrville for a group reservation quote...
Demolition is in progress... I must've been one of the last people to stay there. Lady at Super 8 said property sold early Nov 2018
I stayed at Thanksgiving

Gonna be a HOBBY LOBBY there soon

And my sister and my mom couldn’t be more excited (rolls eyes)

....& now.............

We havent heard much in the way of TShirt discussion lately..... Its getting pretty close to rally time now...so I thought I would bring up the subject.
GRSA was working on some designs but to my knowledge ..never got much feedback from anyone besides me..... Any updates to this?? (Im not doing shirts)

Ok here is the deal. Work is kicking me so i do not have alot of time right now but i have this as a potential design.

Not sure of price but it will be about 15.00 +-.
If there is interest i will follow through with sizes. PM me if interested.

I like the tshirt color palate.

Was wondering if over the weekend trip if someone wouldn't mind helping me set my bike's sag. I need some help with the shock nuts...I don't have a spanner wrench on hand and can't hold the punch/hammer method #onehandedproblems

Re: Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 29-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

Ok folks....looks like Super 8 on Hwy 16 near I10 has our bookings. I blocked 15 rooms total...half king..half 2 queen
The avg cost per room for 2 queens was appx $67 for 3 nites. Each nites rate was different tho...
Thurs & Sun $58.65 Fri $65.65 Sat $75.65
All rates are + tax
Rooms with 1 king are slightly less
15 rooms blocked till Mar 14th...we can adjust the ratio of King/Queens as needed if rooms are still avail.
Booking is under Two Wheeled Texans... I will add the booking # soon
I realise some folks will come Thurs...some Fri..& some my stay thru Sun nite so I booked for 4 nites. You will need to adjust your own room nites when you call

SUPER 8 KERRVILLE 830-896-1511 Nina

Ive added all this Super 8 motel info & Schreiner Park info to the first post
AN APOLOGY......
Folks...I keep getting reports of the people at Super 8 in Kerrville not giving us the prices that were originally quoted to me in December. Just yesterday someone reserved a room for Thur thru Sat nites & the Thur rate was the same as Fridays which is incorrect. I have previously called at least twice & spoke to the very same person who initially gave me the rates only to be given incorrect info...then that person saying it would be corrected.
IT WASNT
I am now waiting for a call back from the manager to get this corrected once & for all

Room rates should be
Thurs & Sun nites $58.65 + tx
Fri $65.65 + tx
Sat $75.65 +tx

Only 7 of the 15 rooms orig blocked have been reserved so far
This Fri is the Mar 1st deadline to get special pricing

If any one here has decided to stay at another motel due to this problem.... Im sorry on my behalf. In the future this will definately play a role in which motel is selected. (Motel problems at Lone Star & Days Inn were one of the reasons we moved from Llano to Kville)

Whataheadache

Love the t shirt design GRSA [emoji1783]
Thanks. So far I have two people saying they would like a shirt. With that said I need at least 24 to make an order so I am giving people to March 8th to PM me with size. Payment would be through paypal preferably. That should give me enough time to place the order and have it for the rally

Thanks. So far I have two people saying they would like a shirt. With that said I need at least 24 to make an order so I am giving people to March 8th to PM me with size. Payment would be through paypal preferably. That should give me enough time to place the order and have it for the rally
PM sent

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but do people generally arrive on Thursday, ride Friday and Saturday and then go home on Sunday?

Was thinking about heading there Thursday afternoon after working a half day or so and arriving around 6. Would I miss a solid day of riding or is Thursday afternoon arrival the norm?

Jarrett and I were planning on riding down Thursday and coming back Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarrett and I were planning on riding down Thursday and coming back Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool...I may try and tag along. Was thinking about camping but the tent sites by the river at Schreiners are sold out. I may grab a room at the Sup8 or see if I can jump in with someone that has a reservation. The lady at Schreiners said you can camp 4 to a site so hopefully someone has some room left.

I am out for this one, I am taking bill dagroo level 3 adv class in Norman ok that Thursday and Friday.

I might show up Thursday and tent camp before moving into my mini cabin on Friday. Depends how I feel.

If ya'll would like ta post up the days you'll be at the rally....& whether or not you have space ta share ...be it a cabin... Park cabin... or motel room... Other folks might decide to split the cost.
Also...would be good info for some to ride down or back home together.

Hey! I'm offering to lead a ride this year, very similar route as last year's but this one is especially for small bikes and will run at a relaxed pace. (I'll be riding my yami 250.)

We will take off from Destination Cycle Saturday morning, after enjoying breakfast courtesy of Bob Kee. Will be back in time for dinner at--where's dinner? Billie Gene's like last year?

I remain gps ignorant (much to JT's dismay) so please don't ask for a gps tracks, routes, etc. I can provide WOP routes (Written On Paper) for this year's small bike route and last year's route.

(Big Bird might have offered to lead a big bike, faster paced group.)

As usual, group size will be limited to no more than 8. JT will run sweep for us. We won't leave anyone and there will be opportunities enroute to "refresh" and refuel.

Looking forward to this year's StromAThon!

Hey! I'm offering to lead a ride this year, very similar route as last year's but this one is especially for small bikes and will run at a relaxed pace. (I'll be riding my yami 250.)

We will take off from Destination Cycle Saturday morning, after enjoying breakfast courtesy of Bob Kee. Will be back in time for dinner at--where's dinner? Billie Gene's like last year?

I remain gps ignorant (much to JT's dismay) so please don't ask for a gps tracks, routes, etc. I can provide WOP routes (Written On Paper) for this year's small bike route and last year's route.

(Big Bird might have offered to lead a big bike, faster paced group.)

As usual, group size will be limited to no more than 8. JT will run sweep for us. We won't leave anyone and there will be opportunities enroute to "refresh" and refuel.

Looking forward to this year's StromAThon!
What kind of tires would I need for this ride ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

How busy are the paved roads down there that weekend in general?

I'm guessing the popular roads are pretty full? Still trying to decide whether to ride my pavement bike or dirt bike.

Back