• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

Jarrett.... The busy roads are gonna be The Sisters.... 16 from Kerrville to Medina... 965 around Enchanted Rock...Willow City Loop..
& Old San Antonio Rd past the Bat Tunnel

All the other lil paved goodies will be fair game... & there are tons of em

Last edited:
What kind of tires would I need for this ride ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Round ones with tread remaining. You need to finally ride your new KTM500 before the gas gets old. Come on Trail Hoss ride that bike.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I have a cabin booked for thurs thru sun night and have one spot
open. you are free to stay all 4 nights (or less). PM me if you’re interested and not an axe murderer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m a novice at leading groups but I have a route Gina sent me last year and I’m planning on using it on Saturday during the rally. It is not high speed twisties. Instead it stays mostly on county roads so slower speeds but more opportunity to take in the scenery.
it will be pavement but will have a few low water crossings (nothing scary) and we’ll probably stop for a little picture taking (wild flower season). Any bike with at least 2 wheels should be fine.
If you’ve ridden the 3 sisters enough times and are looking for something a little different, this might be for you. I plan to lead no more than 5 and have 4 spots available as of now. PM me if you’re
interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Made a Super8 reservation for Wed and Thur night. Planning on doing all three Three Sisters (325ish miles) on Thur then back to Austin on Fri.

Hey! I'm offering to lead a ride this year, very similar route as last year's but this one is especially for small bikes and will run at a relaxed pace. (I'll be riding my yami 250.)

We will take off from Destination Cycle Saturday morning, after enjoying breakfast courtesy of Bob Kee. Will be back in time for dinner at--where's dinner? Billie Gene's like last year?

I remain gps ignorant (much to JT's dismay) so please don't ask for a gps tracks, routes, etc. I can provide WOP routes (Written On Paper) for this year's small bike route and last year's route.

(Big Bird might have offered to lead a big bike, faster paced group.)

As usual, group size will be limited to no more than 8. JT will run sweep for us. We won't leave anyone and there will be opportunities enroute to "refresh" and refuel.

Looking forward to this year's StromAThon!

Sounds like my kinda group. Count me in please with my 55mph top speed 125 and 110mi tank pre-reserve 😁

Oh for living arrangements I'm checking into my mini cabin Friday, chking out Sunday. There's room if anyone needs.

100 of these 4" dia stickers will be available at $3 each. Artwork will be slightly different but very similar to this
View attachment 229157

You asked for it........No one could stop it....
ITS COMING...March 28th thru 31st Kerrville Texas
Of course..there may be those Foolish enuff ta stay an xtra day.... 4-1

~The Rules
X$ Never an entry fee...its always FREE
o=o Ride what you want -Its hosted by Stroms & Teneres but any bike is welcome
¬·^··Ride where you want -Or with a group...we'll have folks who kno the area to help out with rides
°¿° Meet -Lots of folks from all over Texas...even NM
:-) ¤ Eat -Plenty of good places ta hava bite while out riding
:-} § Drink -Well...hopefully not that much
¬__ Sleep -Everybody needs some sometime...then we ride
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
MOTEL = SUPER 8 on TX16 near I10
Thurs & Sun $58.65 Fri $65.65 Sat $75.65
All rates are + tax
Rooms with 1 king are slightly less

ALL REMAINING ROOMS UNBLOCKED AS OF FRIDAY MAR 1ST
PRICE GUARANTEES NO LONGER APPLY
ON ANY ROOMS RESERVED AFTER THIS DATE

15 rooms blocked till Mar 1st...we can adjust the ratio of King/Queens as needed if rooms are still avail.
Booking is under Two Wheeled Texans
DO NOT CALL THE SUPER 8 NATIONAL RESERVATIONS PH #
I realise some folks will come Thurs...some Fri..& some my stay thru Sun nite so I booked for 4 nites. You will need to adjust your own room nites when you call

SUPER 8 KERRVILLE. 830-896-1511
CAMPING/CABINS/RV = SCHREINER PARK
Hillside addition TX173 @ Loop 534
Cabins-Highpoint or Midway
Tents/camping-Fox Run or Fawn Hideaway
Park Cabin
RV-Mountain View-water/elect
Deerfield-full hookup 30A
Ranch House & Bunkhouse outside gate
Park layout & pricing shown in pics below
SCHREINER PARK 830-257-5392
View attachment 48134
View attachment 48135
I have some folks who can assist in the planning/details...& with a bit of help... well lets jus see now
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WILLING PARTICIPANTS
Mr2mch-Sup8-Ride leader
grsa-Schreiner
jorgepinera52-motel
bigdave-gs +1-Ranch House
euromedic-Schreiner
vfaame-Ride leader
grandelatte
Jarrett-Sup8
mryo
Big Bird-Ride leader-cabin-1 bed open
rpcraft
MacDaddy-Sup8
maximus_flavius-Ride leader
GLFlyer
Ron Stromer-motel
Multisurface Rider-Sup8
Dahveed-Ranch House
MrgreenGenes-Sup8
2WheelNut
Ocho-Ranch House
Texas Oil Man-Sup8
RZ500rich-motel
Gourdhead-Schreiner
StromXTc
viffer07-RV
Liteitup-Sup8
FCBH
james9793
sKatZ-Schreiner
SpiritAtBay-Local-Ride Leader-Small Bikes
JT-Sweep-Small Bikes
Agman-Sup8
Monica-cabin- beds avail
vstrommer
hodee-Schreiner
RT Slim-Sup8- Wed-Fri
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcxcccxxxxxxxxxx
SATURDAY SUPPER AT SIX THIRTY
Billy Gene's on Hwy 27 at Goat Creek
Full menu type place....really good
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RIDES - GROUPS - DAYS

Mr2mch - I like mostly paved goatpaths
Thursday from Waco down to Kville
Friday around the area & up to Llano
Saturday closer to Kerrville
------------------------------------------------------------------------
vfaame - Saturday ...some gravel I think
Big Bird - Saturday...mostly paved CRs
maximus_flavious - Saturday mostly gravel Id bet
Spirit At Bay - Saturday small bike friendly
JT
Monica
Ya'll check the lists & see if I got the info right

....& WHAT ABOUT THESE STICKERS?

3dbaa63eaaeab3a96516bd2266ca1c28.jpg

Attachments

• 5ef3794962addff9d412d1b2275a6e45.jpg
    5ef3794962addff9d412d1b2275a6e45.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Round ones with tread remaining. You need to finally ride your new KTM500 before the gas gets old. Come on Trail Hoss ride that bike.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
I was hoping my tw200 would be running by then .

That's certainly the one I want to bring, but doing that cuts out anything but the mildest of dirt for me.

Not all of us have the skillz to fly a 600lb bike through single track. I mean, and enjoy it :)

I'm staying as far away from the Three Sisters as possible on Friday and Saturday even though I like the roads just fine. I've had a lot of fun headed in a different direction so that's what I'm going to do again this year. I'm leading a small group that's pretty close to full at the moment.

Friday's route is 247 miles with one easy gravel/unpaved section of road probably 4 miles long running NW out of Blanco and another approximately 1.5 miles long NW of Sisterdale that's easy to route around. Otherwise all pavement. This route features a nice canyon section that you won't find on the Butler maps (Thank you Mr2mch). Lunch in Blanco around 145 miles at the Old 300 BBQ

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29429220

Saturday's route will be a little shorter so we get back sooner. 204 miles all pavement with lunch in Fredericksburg at about 130 miles. The Willow City loop is easily added since you're right there at about mile 150. I left it out because riders in our group complained of the traffic there last year.

I started the routes between the Super 8 and the Park. Just throwing them out there in case anyone's looking for ideas.

Last edited:
That's certainly the one I want to bring, but doing that cuts out anything but the mildest of dirt for me.

Not all of us have the skillz to fly a 600lb bike through single track. I mean, and enjoy it :)

Got it, VFR!
Yeah but...VFR!
But I...VFR!
I was thinking that...VFR!
See, I've always heard...VFR!
I read somewhere...VFR!

There is no single track....unless youre plannin on ridin private property.

Take heed of the wise ol Mac
....Who....Who...Who needs a Twin.....when 4 will Vee much better....

Got it, VFR!
Yeah but...VFR!
But I...VFR!
I was thinking that...VFR!
See, I've always heard...VFR!
I read somewhere...VFR!
LOL. that's funny right there. :)

Personally, I'm committing to the Super Duke. It's all street with no ADV DNA at all and it will still be fine for 3 or 4 dirt miles out of 300-400 overall. Besides....you can always ride around any dirt and take the long way if needed. It's not like there aren't several ways to get everywhere down there.

The only single track anyone's likely do is the 9-step walk and turn test for a possible DWI. :nono: :nana:

Side note....I'm in full agreement to stay away from the Sisters but honestly, I've ridden them on perfect spring weekends when they were about as "crowded" as ever and they really aren't that crowded. Even if 200 or 300 bikes are riding them, spread over 60+ miles and going in both directions, I didn't find myself inconvenienced by traffic much at all.

The exception, and why I'm ok with skipping them, is the big rolling roadblocks that sometimes form when groups decide to ride in slow formation. Some groups do this more than others and I don't want to bash anyone but seriously....when you're ridiing in perfect formation at 5-10 mph under the speed limit, please be aware when bikes come up behind you, move to single file, and motion them through. Nobody cares if you want to ride slow unless they have to ride behind you.

Reactions: Vec
I was hoping my tw200 would be running by then .

You and monica could drag race but she probably has already got you beat with the power to weight ratio.
tumblr_no2f83tA8s1up9geno1_400.gif
tumblr_no2f83tA8s1up9geno3_400.gif

Last edited:
Side note....I'm in full agreement to stay away from the Sisters but honestly, I've ridden them on perfect spring weekends when they were about as "crowded" as ever and they really aren't that crowded. Even if 200 or 300 bikes are riding them, spread over 60+ miles and going in both directions, I didn't find myself inconvenienced by traffic much at all.

The exception, and why I'm ok with skipping them, is the big rolling roadblocks that sometimes form when groups decide to ride in slow formation. Some groups do this more than others and I don't want to bash anyone but seriously....when you're ridiing in perfect formation at 5-10 mph under the speed limit, please be aware when bikes come up behind you, move to single file, and motion them through. Nobody cares if you want to ride slow unless they have to ride behind you.
You may well fall in line and save your breath cause it ain't never gonna change

Saturday's route will be a little shorter so we get back sooner. 204 miles all pavement with lunch in Fredericksburg at about 130 miles. The Willow City loop is easily added since you're right there at about mile 150. I left it out because riders in our group complained of the traffic there last year.

204 miles is a 1/2 day ride for you. :mrgreen: Wasn’t there something going on that morning though.

Back