• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

Kerrville area dining
01ea0051e45e6b1d9cf41feee0f54209.jpg

d1c7e3a1d0789aa0d47cf6864883747c.jpg

Ive also added county maps for Llano & Gillespie to the first post. These are available free in the respective county cities...jus like the Kerr Co/Kerrville map

Attachments

• 08f6180c2233461db6bdca225c248df3.jpg
    08f6180c2233461db6bdca225c248df3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Weather permitting, a few of us on Friday mornin are gonna leave out from Kerrville & ride down to the coast @ Brazos Island State Park (just south of South Padre Island). Gonna stop at a few historical sites & camp at Brazos Island SP. Then ride back to Kerrville on Saturday in time for vittles & dranks.

It’s just under 400 miles (1 way) backroading a bit. Anyone wantin to go is welcome. Leavin out early Friday mornin from the campground.

2WheelNut, if GLFlyer gives you notice that he's not coming, please tell me. I'll cancel my spot and camp at 52.
Flyer just told me he's a no go for this so you should be able to cancel your spot and camp at 52.

I jus spoke to the folks at Schreiner Park & got an update of which spots are available in the Hillside section
RV spots- Deerfield Full30A has only 1 left
Mountainview water30A backins 4 left
Mountainview water30A loops 7 left
Cabins- Midway 4 left
High Point 7 left
Camping- Fawn Hideaway wide open
Fox Run 11 left
Ranch House full of us
Park Cabin taken
Didnt ask about the Riverside section since most folks are stayin Hillside

I did ask if we would be able to use either the Amphitheater or Riverside day use for a group picture Saturday 5:30ish
NO PROBLEM...so ..thats our pic spot

Also spoke with the folks at the Super 8
Tammy said that on Fri & Sat nites they have 15 rooms open as of today
Thurs & Sun nites they have plenty avail
She is correcting any remaining reservation price discrepancies to the original quote amount I posted...

Thurs & Sun 58.65 Fri 65.65 Sat 75.65

They will make an effort to give a discount to anyone not booked as of yet...but not these prices...more like AARP..AAA..etc

Last edited:
Thanks for doing all of this, Rod. Much appreciated.

And I like the way this is looking:

I modified the list of where folks are stayin to group together those who are sharin a campsite.... or cabin...& the Ranch House
Only group I dont have a number for is yall Houstonians in the cabin
BigBird..grsa & Grandelatte
sKatZ's campsite 52 has 4 so its full
The Ranch House has 4 & is prob full
Monica's cabin 18 has room I think

Lemme kno if this info isnt rite.....

Nope - I'm out. Still camping but w my son. Hope y'all have a great time.

Made a Super8 reservation for Wed and Thur night. Planning on doing all three Three Sisters (325ish miles) on Thur then back to Austin on Fri.
Did you call the local # for reservation? 830 895 1511
Youre not on the list for our special prices
But you can call Tammy today to see if she can fix it

I modified the list of where folks are stayin to group together those who are sharin a campsite.... or cabin...& the Ranch House
Only group I dont have a number for is yall Houstonians in the cabin
BigBird..grsa & Grandelatte
sKatZ's campsite 52 has 4 so its full
The Ranch House has 4 & is prob full
Monica's cabin 18 has room I think

Lemme kno if this info isnt rite.....

@Big Bird says we are staying at Mini Cabin #17.

Today..the flours were out...but not as thick as I expected them to be. Burnet on 29 to the lake was decently sprinkled..as was Park Rd 4.... Hardly any on Llano CR307...but decent on 71. FM2323 had some but we only went out to CR118 then up to FM152 which was about the same.
Biggest surprise was almost total lack of bluebonnets on 16 from Llano to Cherokee...theres usually at least some good patches on that stretch...??
Thats about as far as we got this afternoon
Wildflour update....
Today I took a different route south from Waco...thru Belton...across Stillhouse Dam to Crows Ranch Rd ..Cedar Valley to FM2484 Youngsport...Tally Ho..Fire Rd.. Triple T Trl...FM2670 ..Wolfridge..Briggs Rd.. CR210 & 200.... Really not much in the way of color on all these....until Burnet.....

From Burnet on FM3509/Hoover Valley it was spectacular !...especially the County Rd part comin down the hill toward Pk Rd 4
which was also even better than last week.
Hwy 29 from the dam to Llano was decently covered in bluebonnets...with some paintbrush mixed in too...I suspect 29 from Llano west is just as colorful.

After a pizza at Tommys...it was FM152 I wanted to see... Tommy did explain all the traffic & spectators last Sunday......it was the world championship rock stacking competition. I didnt have time ta stop for pics of said stacks....sorry...mabe next week. Theyre down in the riverbed near the bridge.

FM152 to Castell was decently covered in bluebonnets....not as much as Ive seen some years...but still.....nice..
Id bet FM2323 is the same too
From Castell north across 29 then on CR405 up to 71 (5mi of sandy gravel..the rest ..nice pavement)...not much color there....but on 71....there they were
FM501 to Cherokee was sparse...from there to Bend...a bit better....& back on 580 3430...FM1690..etc...again..not much color

I think Llano Mason & Burnet will be the best bet if youre huntin wildflours this year

Got a room at the super 8 spoke to Tammy and she was very helpful I was tooooo late for the special price but she gave me a great rate 😀

Now that we are a week away, plans are shoring up. I will camp Friday night will be doing dirt all day Sat, camping Sat night and heading home in the morn. My dirt ride will leave Sat morn at 9 am. Looks like mason area with lunch in castell. Might change as I will be checking before the weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back