• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Final Mr2mch Edition

After the series of family disasters I had (3 years in a row) during the week leading up to Stromathon, I didn't even bother to register this year. Y'all have fun & post lots of pictures.

Oh well, at least I was able to attend Strom I.

Ahhh.... Texas Hill Country, Springtime, flowers...time to ride motorcycles.

For folks riding the dirt routes on Thursday and Friday - we'll meet up at the Exxon station just northwest of Schreiner Park entrance (kinda across from Papa John's Pizza on Bandera Hwy). We'll be leaving from there at 9AM both days. Thursday's ride is a quick loop southwest of Kerrville and is likely suitable for anyone. Friday will be much more dirt worthy heading northwest toward Junction. Expect a full day of classic Hill Country dirt and water crossings. This route would not be much fun on larger bikes.

Almost time...

View attachment 230624
Are ya'll gonna be on big bikes for the dirt route? I feel pretty dirt worthy on my Tenere but if it is a slick mudfest though 3-4 feet of water I'll pass. Sand and rocks are fine with me and water 2 ft or less is good too. What do you think?

What jacket are you guys wearing out there with this weather - textile or leather?

Reactions: JMZ
Today's ride on The Three Sisters started out foggy but warmed up and even got partly sunny. The wildflowers were patchy but plentiful. Traffic was light and mostly groups of motorcycles.

Lunched in Utopia on soft chicken tacos.

Fawn hideaway #52 is open for business! Stop at the Derp and turn right. Or left. Your call.

Free beer from my Rv postponed. 500+lb Explorer on back of RV seemed like good idea until highway speed and crosswind. But will arrive with tent and smaller qty of beer tomorrow!

Free beer from my Rv postponed. 500+lb Explorer on back of RV seemed like good idea until highway speed and crosswind. But will arrive with tent and smaller qty of beer tomorrow!View attachment 230780

Come on by site 233. I’ll pick up the slack with the cold beer supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great ride today out west. Started early riding through heavy fog or kinda mist. Never really saw what folks would call rain but whatever it was did just enough to keep the dust down. Later the sun pops out and dust is on. Streams are running clear and cold. Reports of tail wiggle on one water crossing when slime raised it's ugly tentacles. No mishaps...no baptisms. Tomorrow is the day of la tierra. North route with mucho miles. 9AM at the at the Exxon station by the park... be ready to rock the Hill Country.

You passing anywhere close to Willow Loop today RG?

You passing anywhere close to Willow Loop today RG?
Yet to be determined Vinny. The group will have to make a call about halfway. James River adds a lot of miles to an already long ride. We may turn west at Junction to hit the Llano and Rock springs area.

Gotcha. I'll see you at camp then. Enjoy.

Wiggling down to Kerrville at the crack of dawn sabado. Sunday looks a bit nippy, so textile it is.

Keep the sunny side up.

RB

#promotingyamaha

Back