• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SUBCOMM !!!

Dao

Reaction score
Subcomm - this place has your name all over it.

i know, i know...just a bunch of us old dudes on dirtbikes riding in the woods...

...that's the best i got, mr hardcore!

Next big ride is in OCT-ish, 2019
...just in time for the fall colors

Last edited:
WOW! If these pics and vid don't make a guy want to get out and ride I don't know what would. Thanks for sharing this looks like an awesome ride! Where is this?

it's in OKLAHOMIE

We start at the campsite
3dmap.jpg

We end at the campsite, all on dirt.
3dmap2.jpg

i would but i lost my phone w/ all those gps tracks I recorded out there since 2016.
I've been sol ever since.šŸ˜­

I'm upset that I'm not on your list to be invited to that event . I need to ride with you More Dao. I'm recuperating from ACL repair till June. I hope you consider me for rides after that.

Reactions: Dao
I love the pics, the place looks incredible.
I will be looking for a 2 smoke soon for the next ride up there!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dao
I see y'all did both north and south sides. Two days? Has trail 9 seen much use?

RG, Hellll......yea! we still ride trail 9. but it's pretty beat up

there's some new single tracks that got ribboned off...trails are all on the side of the mountains,so thery're mostly tight switchbacks, either you're snaking your way up, or slithering down, all off camber. midway, there's a sharp drop down creek crossing and then you immediate turn into a 20ft vertical lip-superrcross like jump 20' straight up onto the upper level. you only have like 10' of run before you hit 20' the jump. this spot is probably the only spot that's soft potting soil dirt.
Crazy fun stuff!!!

For dirt junkies - Fresh tracks is fresh tracks, you know what i mean.

I'm upset that I'm not on your list to be invited to that event . I need to ride with you More Dao. I'm recuperating from ACL repair till June. I hope you consider me for rides after that.
vinny, i knew you were recuperating, so i didn't want to bum you out, make you depressed, especially seeing that you also sold that sweet 250-x.
but, like i said, next big ride is in OCT, just in time for you to come up there and break in that new acl tendon.

speaking of 250x, i personally witnessed 3-4 250x out at McMahan's when i worked the enduro. when they got on the pipe, They sound really different from the MX YZ's. very meaty, like a BETA or gasgas smoker-with a long wound out bandwidth. and they hooked up!! makes me want to replace my smoker w/ a new 250-x.

Great bike. It was going to be sitting for 9 months, so I sold it. Probably get something super light (Freeride) while Im recuperating.

Back