• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

sun appears on Coast..

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,
Could it really be true? Sun appeared yesterday here on the Gulf Coast. And, warm enough for a ride this afternoon, and even tomorrow?
Is the long dismal winter breaking? Spring on way? MV turn today, Guzzi got a run Sunday afternoon.

The sun was out yesterday here, it was beautiful. Windy as all get out for most the day but gosh it was beautiful. It was warm enough to go ride. I had to change after training and go to basketball practice, otherwise I would have hopped on the bike. If you can go ride, go ride!

I was out in the garden yesterday enjoying that mysterious yellow orb in the sky. Woke up this morning and thought I had a rash! Nope it was just sunburn :sun:

the DR650 took me almost a hundred miles yesterday with no particular destination in mind out here in the hill country on back roads between kerrville, Center point, Comfort Tx, turning randomly at unknown backroad intersections .... it was a good ride, with great scenery.

We've got red bud trees and others blooming all over the place here in Huntsville.

We need 2 or 3 HARD FREEZES in Houston to take care of all of the bugs and the like. I'd rather have the next 5 or 6 weeks at of below 50F.

Yeah, I could do without the Love Bugs this year... Most of the rest I don't mind as much.

I took the Italian Terror, otherwise known at Betttina out for a 60 mile romp. Sunny, and beautiful, but I should have added one more top layer to be totally comfortable. So wonderful to get out for a ride: fun, stress buster and just invigorating. May go again tomorrow if I can fit into my schedule.

Back from five days NYC, hope to ride this week, but weather pattern persists. Got another CO trip for late February... more estate business

Sunday it is supposed to be warm, dry and sunny: fingers crossed for a ride. Then about a week in home town Colorado (currently 4 feet of snow in Durango, and 10 feet at cabin).

We get about one day out of ten here that is rideable, if one enjoys sun and dry roads. Today is the 10%, going out after it warms up. Wow, what a dismal winter. I hope the weather pattern changes and we have a real spring.

Be glad you weren't in Colorado this weekend. My wife has been up in Denver visiting the kids & the grandies for a week. With "some snow - possibly 3-5" - expected Friday night., her plan was to get up early yesterday (Sat) and drive home. After all, they're great at clearing the snow up there, right?

Sort of. Denver actually had over 10" Friday night. Still, I-25 was easy enough - until she found out that Raton Pass was closed. Stuck in Trinidad, she eventually found US 160 east, and started zigzagging her way across the Colorado plains & finally linked up with 287, heading toward Dumas. The trouble is 160 was also hard hit and there was lots of ice, often caused because snow kept blowing onto the road & refreezing. It turned into a nasty trip home. Took her 14 hours (instead of the usual 11 hrs 45 min), which was still pretty good, all things considered.

In any case, it's just as well Raton Pass was closed because, while helping her research alternate routes, I also discovered that 64 was closed between Raton and Clayton - too much ice & too much high wind.

I'm just glad the Honda has AWD. And it looks like she drove it home through chocolate syrup.

Yep, but I am flying to Durango on Tuesday. Looks like a break between storms. Good news is next summer: green and no fires. But fishing won't clean up until July 4th.

Back