• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sunday Hockey

Reaction score
My neighbor asked if I could take some pics of him playing hockey last Sunday at The Pond off Research Blvd. I've never shot any sports before so I did some checking on hockey photography and tried to apply what I remembered. The lighting is very tricky. Mostly used my 70-200 on f2, ISO 2000, 1/1000s.
It was quite fun, though I should have known after playing hockey since I was 10, to dress warmer! It's cold in there when you're just taking photos.

https://jrshermanphotography.smugmug.com/Sunday-Hockey/

Last edited:
Come hang with me on Saturday the 22nd at the MotoGP. I'll show you everything I know about shooting motorcycle racing. Should take about 5 minutes :rofl:

Fun hockey pictures...it reminded me when I went to an actual Houston Aero's hockey game in the 70s. They had a dude called Gordie Howe playing with his sons on the same team.

RB

Back