• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sunday RTE 1/6/08

voyagerrider

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Johnston
We started from our house in Burleson when Buck&betty showed up around 9:30 AM. Windy, but a beautiful day. The plan was a lunch ride to the Loco Coyote near Glen Rose with some of the members of the Armadillos Cycle Club out of Cleburne. Rode to Cleburne heading for there clubhouse. Stopped before we went to the clubhouse in Cleburne for gas and quick breafast.
At the clubhouse we met up with other folks we would be riding with today.

100_2106.jpg

The Armadillo's Clubhouse

100_2107.jpg

Screwdriver, the President of Armadillos Cycle Club

100_2109.jpg

Charlotte, his wife is CMAer and her new bike. A '08 Harley Davidson Hertiage Softtail

We rode from there to south on FM2135 to SR171 then to FM916 into Rio Vista. There we turned onto SR174 going south until we turned onto FM933 going through Blum then on to Whitney. We then turned on SR22 and crossed the Lake Whitney Dam heading for Meridian. At Meridian we got unto SR144 and rode through Walnut Springs coming in to Glen Rose from the south. We got on US67 heading south just a short distance out of town to Loco Coyote. It is located on a county road to the north of US67, but I do not recall the name or number. There is big sign on 67 pointing to it. It is local biker destaination with lots of good food. I think every motorcycle in 3 counties was out today and there.

100_2119.jpg

Web site

100_2117.jpg

The place

Sorry for some reason I didn't get any shots of all the bikes.

100_2116.jpg

The crew that we rode with. Voyagerrider & Mrs are on the left in front and Buck&Betty are behind us.

Some of the food:

100_2122.jpg

Chicken Sandwich & Onion Rings

100_2124.jpg

Chicken Strips Dinner

100_2125.jpg

Catfish Dinner

100_2127.jpg

Chopped BBQ Sandwich & Onion Rings

None of was able finish our meals. We all got carryout containers, good thing we ride baggers so we had place for them.
We went south on US67 after leaving there to FM51 heading north through Paluxy into Granbury. We then headed north on US377 to Cresson then turned east on SR171 to Godley, where Kathy turned onto FM2331 then to FM1187 and back to Burleson.
A great ride, with great friends, having great food, on a great day.
We are truely blessed.
Marty

For some odd reason my stomach is grumbling... :wary:

I think every motorcycle in 3 counties was out today and there.

I think the rest of them were at the Hard 8 in Stephenville or at least passing by... We were there from about 2-3:30...

For some odd reason my stomach is grumbling... :wary:

No kidding - I don't think I could eat it all, either!

Good report - some nice roads were chosen, Marty...

Back