• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sunset in Terlingua

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
I was able to spend some time at the cemetery in Terlingua and captured a few images I call "Sunset in Terlingua". One thing I came away with was a much greater appreciation of just how hard life (and death) is in the desert. These were shot over two evenings.

C&C Welcome!

1207005536_x9ZSy-XL.jpg

1207004210_qYojd-XL.jpg

1207004275_UsPbU-XL.jpg

1207005415_ZeTmP-XL.jpg

1207015203_XzNRV-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pictures.I was in Terlingua Friday. Always an interesting place to visit.

very nice series.

grains of salt...
#2, #5 seem to be a tad underexposed
#3, crop the far right fence post out and see what you think

When you only click "Unread Posts" you miss threads, I sorry I missed this one.

VERY NICE! Did you use a CPL on these? #5 and #1 lends me to think you may have. Either that or a gradient filter in LR.

You did much better than I did when I was down there over New Years.

Thanks for sharing these.

Did you use a CPL on these? #5 and #1 lends me to think you may have. Either that or a gradient filter in LR.

Thanks...

Now what the heck is a CPL? If I knew what it was I could tell you yes or no. And I have no idea where the gradient filter in LR is located so I probably didn't use that as well.

Just some exposure, contrast and vibrance/saturation/clarity is all that was done.

LOL.... Sorry about that. Circle Polarization Filter. I find that it helps to make deeper / richer blue skies, and to remove glare.

Example.
Heliopan-Circular-Polarizer.jpg

The location of the Gradient Filter in Lightroom (LR).
1222452561_Ggg9P-XL.png

Lol...

Nope and Nope!

I have a polarizing filter, but it's for the 18-200VR which stays buried in a drawer and never gets to come out and play.

Back