• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Super-8 makes a comeback?

I have a 5 min spool of Super8 sitting right here on my desk at work. It is over 30 years old. A buddy and I were messing around with stop action photography in his back yard. We animated some WWII aircraft models and the radar dish on top of his large Millennium Falcon model. It was a load of fun. It ended in flames for some of the models. That old model glue burned great!

TM-
Go transfer that to digital and finish the project! Would love to see some vintage Super-8 stuff and the subject matter is something we all did ourselves. Make a movie!

I transferred my family's collection of 16mm & 8mm film about ten years ago and really enjoyed doing it. If you've got a projector it's not hard to do yourself. I just projected it and set up my camcorder up right below the projector and shot the screen. I found some more cannisters a few years later and ran them up to Costco to have them done. I was surprised to see that there was no discernible difference between the ones I did and the Costco transfers. I might drag it out again and retransfer everything in HD.

If the price is reasonable the new Kodak 8mm might be a lot of fun to mess with.

Back