• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sutherland Springs, Texas

FCBH

Reaction score
I just read about this horrific event. My thoughts and deepest prayers to all those families who are in mourning now.

RB

Very sad. I was working just outside that town for a few days last week. Stopped in to the velero just across 87 from the church.

Heard about it on our way home from paying our respects at the Veterans Cemetery in Houston

Seems like the shooter was a resident of New Braunfels did not know or ever hear of him though.

Thoughts and prayers to all affected

I can not imagine the sorrow Sutherland is going through right now. I just don't have the words.

Stay armed folks. And stay out of "condition white"

This. I just don't understand how people can go around unarmed, blissfully unaware of anything (Condition White). There's too many people & too many crazy mofos, not to mention Johnny Jihads.

Kudos to the armed civilian who shot the ***. He saved untold number of lives.

Let's not turn this thread into a discussion on the topic. If you want that discussion, please take it to the OT forum. Thanks.

Very sad. I was working just outside that town for a few days last week. Stopped in to the velero just across 87 from the church.

A good friend used to attend that church when she first moved to LaVernia; she had nothing but great things to say about the folks that worshiped there. She's pretty tore up about it at the moment, but I'm happy that she and her family are safe.

Around $500,000 has been raised from a single donation page for the Holcombe family at GoFundMe crowd sourcing site. That family lost nine members of their family in the church shooting. Authorities are counting Crystal Holcombe’s unborn child as one of the deceased victims.

In Memory of:

Bryan Holcombe
Karla Holcombe

Danny (Marc) Holcombe
Noah Holcombe

Crystal Holcombe

Emily Hill
Megan Hill

Greg Hill
their soon to be child

and Like-Family Best Friend, Tara McNulty

The page is located here.

RB

Last edited:
I was in Denver for the weekend, and heard about it on K-LOVE radio just as we came out of church. Terrible tragedy that is being repeated far too often.

Back