• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki Bandit 1250 Sub-Thread: Tires

Pirelli Angel GT rear tire fitted to my '07 Bandit today was the 7th rear tire since buying it in '08 as a left over. With 77,470 on the clock and adding 7% to that due to speedo healer we are at an actual 82893 miles.
Last rear , Mich PR2 had about 14,000 miles on it and well into the wear marks. But, being as I'm just riding local ( 100 mile radius from home generally ) I push them a little further than when I was touring the US.

Anyone with some input on the new Dunlop Roadsmart 3's. Sounds like they upped their game to compete with PR's. I've been using PR4s and have been happy with them but you know motorcycle and boat people are never satisfied with just happy. Hope the frost is thawing for everyone and seat time is close. Doug

Anyone with some input on the new Dunlop Roadsmart 3's. Sounds like they upped their game to compete with PR's. I've been using PR4s and have been happy with them but you know motorcycle and boat people are never satisfied with just happy. Hope the frost is thawing for everyone and seat time is close. Doug

I had just ordered a new pair of PR4's when I saw this Common Tread (Revzilla) review.

They sound worth a shot, especially since they're somewhat cheaper than PR4s.

Darn this is enough to make me second guess. http://www.st-owners.com/forums/sho...mart-Dunlop-Roadsmart-3-wobble-inducing-tyres
I'll be going with the PR4's again. I've used all the PR's and they are all solid. Dunlop's read good but I'm not willing to venture out when knowing the PR's will get it done. 82000 commuter miles and the three best upgrades are Sergeant seat, PR4's and HID lights. The bike is pure joy to ride and a good friend that has won my complete trust. I'm thinking sleeper of all times!

Wow, now I feel better about springing for the PR4s again. This will be my second set, and I've run several sets of the 2s, but never the 3s. The 2s and 4s are great, confidence-inspiring sneakers, especially in the rain. I was able to eke out 14,000+ miles on the Bandit with my last PR4s, and 11,000 with the 2s, so definitely feel they're worth the money. Getting the 4s spooned on today!

DRW - I noticed the thread you posted was from last June. The way the Revzilla review sounded, I thought the Dunlop RS 3s had just come out, but I guess not.

Darn this is enough to make me second guess. http://www.st-owners.com/forums/sho...mart-Dunlop-Roadsmart-3-wobble-inducing-tyres
I'll be going with the PR4's again. I've used all the PR's and they are all solid. Dunlop's read good but I'm not willing to venture out when knowing the PR's will get it done. 82000 commuter miles and the three best upgrades are Sergeant seat, PR4's and HID lights. The bike is pure joy to ride and a good friend that has won my complete trust. I'm thinking sleeper of all times!

I'm sold on PR4's. I trust Michelin. But, I'm interested your HID conversion. I live in a deer rich area of Texas. Where did you buy yours and how difficult was the installation?

I'll be looking for PR4's or the Dunlops after the Bridgestone S21 wear out. I don't think they'll last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went 11022 miles on a Parilli Tourismo front before the center line was getting away from how I like the front to roll into a corner rather than fall into it due to the raised part of the hard center.
Went to a Dunlop Road Smart 2 in September of last year and so far so good. But, only a 1000 or so miles on it up to today. Still have a month or so before can ride due to heart bypass surgery. Been many miles and years since running the 1st Dunlop Roadsmart with got me around 6500 miles before replacing it. I'll be following mileage reports on the new Road Smart 3 for sure.

(Not sure how this thread relates to the 2007 Bandit thread, but I'm double posting for total coverage.)

Did some social distancing in the Texas Hill Country:

'scuse me while I wake this old thread...

I just got about 15K miles (if you trust my odo that's slightly corrected for 41 tooth sprocket) out of a set of RS 3s. The front his a little bit left in it, but the back probably only has a trip to Auntie's house or so left it not before the cords show. I recall nary a slip until the last few thousand, and that was on really fresh blacktop and with me challenging the adhesive properties of said blacktop. About 700 miles ago I took the bike to the Tail of the Dragon and the tires seemed to be no hindrance (the same could not be said of the operator).

Last edited:
Does anyone know userid Khunfusion personally and can make contact with them about a pump&dump spam post from his account? Please have him contact an Admin ASAP.

Back