• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

It's not just a motorcycle.

1660445365285.png

It's a Transformer.

I can only accept the above post if it was made outside any contextual reference to the Michael Bay franchise that sullies, defames, misuses and misappropriates the true saga of the Cybertronians .

Im excited about the GT . Was loaned a new Katana earlier this year and was happy with the K5 engine performance . I miss my Unicorn motorcycle a 2014 Hayabusa nicknamed RJ or Busawing on Google search . RJ was 498 lb wet with 207 rwhp once done . Bags / racks / cruise control / 48 mpg avg if I could stay out of it .
No desires to build another due to cost , and the GT is the closest thing .
20170722_193446.jpg

RJ house call.JPG

20200710_180830.jpg

@Bryan L

Hm. You've no desire to put racks/bags on a Gen3 'Busa instead? Cruise is already there and 187Hp isn't 207 wheel hp, but its 37 more than the GT's 150, to say nothing of the torque.

...or are you also desirous of the different ergos?

@Bryan L

Hm. You've no desire to put racks/bags on a Gen3 'Busa instead? Cruise is already there and 187Hp isn't 207 wheel hp, but its 37 more than the GT's 150, to say nothing of the torque.

...or are you also desirous of the different ergos?
Gen 3 is detuned with smaller cams over Gen 2 = more Tq but less HP up top . Gen 3 has factory risers ( like heli bars for Gen2 1 or 2 )
18,xxx vs 13,xxx the GT has bags already in top range purchase while GEN 3 nothing .
Weight is another topic . I spent a great deal of time designing and making parts along with altering parts to save weight. Then came Titanium axles / wheels / ABS delete , and the list goes on , and on to knock 88 pounds off a Gen 2 ( 100 plus with no bags or racks )

The GT is 49X pounds out of the crate . I have a few Titanium bits around , and a exhaust would make a new GT mid 470's . While it would never match my Gen 2 its more than half the price less . I think by the end of 5.5 years there was 25,xxx spent on the bird . It was fun though ,and have no regret in money spent over the time of ownership . put near 50,xxx miles in that time frame with one year real low miles due to work/family.

Once a LSL / ABM kit is put on a Hayabusa its very comfortable . However certain wind conditions wreck havoc on you no mater what windscreen you use . I tried them all . At 5' 1" tall you would think it would not be a issue . I looked like a bobble head my wife said riding behind me on a return home trip form Dallas to Houston one fall time ride .

I'm rocking along on this these days 2023 . I do not regret the purchase over the GT from suzuki . While the GT is 10K less it was worth the extra coin.
Maybe I should break down why the RS was worth it .

Shaft drive , Center stand , No chain to mess with , sexy singled sided arm , ease of valve check and adjustments , ESA suspension , best TFT on the market , BMW bags dont look like a after thought like some others in the category , 3 position wind screen , NO ENGINE HEAT ! able to ride in Hot weather , Factory 3 way foot pegs with eccentric shift and brake levers that can quickly adjust from summer boot to winter boot .

I left out I took a GSX1000GT for a extended solo demo ride in Summer 2022 . K5 motor is solid as ever but a few vibes . Also had a New Katana 1000 on loan for a month while my Tiger was in the shop for warranty .

RS with Full exhaust.jpg

Last edited:
Back