• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SWM Motorcycles

That era Husky did not have a good reputation, maybe not fair, I never had one.
Ask wildernessrider about this Husky design as he owned (maybe still owns) two of them. It was a love/hate relationship. Well maybe more hate/hate as he had numerous issues and a couple issues never got resolved after repeated attempts so he mothballed both bikes and went blue.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Ask wildernessrider about this Husky design as he owned (maybe still owns) two of them. It was a love/hate relationship. Well maybe more hate/hate as he had numerous issues and a couple issues never got resolved after repeated attempts so he mothballed both bikes and went blue.

Thx...I might try and contact him. I saw a nice looking 2007 TE 450 for sale at a pretty low price. Might try and negotiate if it's not just a money pit.

Donny did come to mind.

18 ltr fuel tank on the Super Dual T
17/19 wheels

12 ltr on the X with 19/21s

As per distrib website
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bad info update.....both models seem to have same fuel capacity at 18ltr

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will be headed down to Cedar Park this Monday and be there all week. Im still planning to run by AF1 to take the SWMs for a spin. Might be next Friday before I get by there. I will let yall know how it goes.
:popcorn:

I’m interested in comparing the 500 R supermoto to my DRZ SM. If those are just as reliable, would be a great price for an upgrade

@Tacojockey what did you think of your SWM visit? Did you grab one?
I finally got a chance to stop in at AF1 Racing on Thursday morning, with plenty of time to beat the rain. I spoke with Brandon and Shawn. These guys were both top notch and I enjoyed shooting the bull with them. After filling out the waiver and providing my insurance and i.d., they pretty much tossed me the keys to the SWM rr500r and said "30 miles or 30 minutes, go have fun." So I did.
To me the bike looks awesome in person, even better than in pictures. The seat is quite tall but it settles pretty well with my 225lbs and is no problem for me at 34 in. inseam. The bike started right up and I took it around the parking lot several times standing on the pegs. Bike feels very nimble in tight figure eights. The hydraulic clutch felt stiffer than I expected but no worse than my xr650l.
I took the bike out on the road and found out that it winds through the gears very quickly. I believe that is normal for this bike. I kept trying to kick for 6th gear but I was already in 6th. Very smooth deceleration with no popping or backfiring. The seat is very narrow and hard. For some reason it didnt bother me too much though. The Michelin DOT knobs were a little rough but I am used to this type of tire. The twin exhaust keeps the bike really nice and quite but it still sounds pretty tough. All the controls worked fine.
Overall I really like this bike. I didnt bring it home this time but I am thinking really hard about getting one.

I also rode the Super Moto version of the 500. I did not enjoy it as much. It was outfitted with the Arrow single exhaust. It had a ton of popping and sputtering on decel. Couple that with too much free play in the throttle and it wasnt very pleasant.

We saw a nice looking 650 SWM sitting out at the Harvest Classic rally. Looked brand spanking new.

Someone said it has a KTM motor in it that KTM no longer produces for bikes they build. I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is, that might make me worry about serviceability of the motor unless SWM builds them under license or something :ponder:

We saw a nice looking 650 SWM sitting out at the Harvest Classic rally. Looked brand spanking new.

Someone said it has a KTM motor in it that KTM no longer produces for bikes they build. I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is, that might make me worry about serviceability of the motor unless SWM builds them under license or something :ponder:
They are revamped Husqvarna TE 630 engines. If you go back a bit you can see how that came about.

Back