• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SWM Motorcycles

Not a motorcycle expert, bit you can definitely drive a car with a better well planted suspension much faster. I assume some of the same holds true for a bike on bumpy terrain.

Regardless, I did notice a huge difference in comfort and handling when I upgraded the Scrambler suspension.

It's definitely intriguing....I can't wait to see what the T7s actually go out the door for. If you can really get a T7 for 10k. .the Yamaha will be a no brainer IMO
I know someone that is on a list for one for the $9995 out the door. No freight, no setup etc. It is a dealer out of state and sales tax is paid when it is registered in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Isn't the powertrain from the MT-07? I understand the chassis is likely very different, if not completely new, but still. If the MT-07 can sell for $7599 - and that was definitely a completely new design, engine and chassis - I don't see why the Tenere 700 couldn't stay south of $7999.
Prices dont always make sense. A few years ago was at a dealer comparing MSRP on a Yamaha R3 versus a XT250. High performance, 300cc water cooled and ABS versus 250cc air cooled old technology. The R3 was like $1,500 cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like properly set up suspension. It's very hard to be back on factory suspension after being spoked in my DR for almost 3 years. There's really no comparison.

Still, that has little to do with riding speed. That is largely determined by what the rider can and will do.
Obviously a very true statement, but I doubt it's as night and day different on AT as the DR650. Probably better than stock. For me on a gravel rd bike I doubt it's worth the expense. I don't push it fast enough on the dirt roads to justify. Going speed limit or just over, stock works fine.

Prices dont always make sense. A few years ago was at a dealer comparing MSRP on a Yamaha R3 versus a XT250. High performance, 300cc water cooled and ABS versus 250cc air cooled old technology. The R3 was like $1,500 cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
That's unreal, wow.

It makes sense from the mfrs point of view. Set price to what the market will bear. Whay leave money on the table. Its like that with 690 Duke and 690 Enduro R. Don't know if it's still the case, but used to be dealers couldnt keep the Enduro R in stock. Every one of them was either spoken for already or sold soon after landing in showroom. Meanwhile, thr Lil' Dukes are piling up and needed some heavy incentives to move.

Pete Murray and I did a rainy photoshoot with the SWM RS500 Wednesday, then went for a ride. Not a bad way to spend the apocalypse. We kept 6 feet apart at all times

Obviously a very true statement, but I doubt it's as night and day different on AT as the DR650. Probably better than stock. For me on a gravel rd bike I doubt it's worth the expense. I don't push it fast enough on the dirt roads to justify. Going speed limit or just over, stock works fine.
I sure liked the upgraded suspension on my AT. It gave me a little more confidence to take it a bit faster than I had before.

But you are right, did it really change performance of the bike for me? I don't think so. Definitely changed my confidence on the bike though.

The 790 R suspension is interesting to me. It seems the faster you go, the better it performs. Kind of the opposite of what I've experienced with my Honda's.

Understand it's not hard, wasn't my point. It was sold as a d/s before but has lost that certification. So for now they made it a better true dirt bike by making it a closed course machine. Removed some of the EPA crap and richened it up. Parts no idea.

Understand it's not hard, wasn't my point. It was sold as a d/s before but has lost that certification. So for now they made it a better true dirt bike by making it a closed course machine. Removed some of the EPA crap and richened it up. Parts no idea.
I assume its sold with a title, with that and an inspection it should be all done

Back