• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

T-7 getting close

My guess is that I'd be a buyer for one if they ever actually make it.

My guess is that I'd be a buyer for one if they ever actually make it.

Oh they are already being made. Production units have already been on sale in Europe for a little while. I've also heard of a couple in USA showrooms already. It's a done deal, get your funds ready.

$9,999
8ac66403614bcf16ef3fd74b02348b8f.jpg

Nice!!!! I'm getting spoiled by this KTM 450 exc that I've been turning into a dual sport. I see what everyone likes about light weight. This one is still at the top of my list to check out. I'm thinking the Husky 701 Enduro L/R will be considerably lighter that the Tenere

Nice!!!! I'm getting spoiled by this KTM 450 exc that I've been turning into a dual sport. I see what everyone likes about light weight. This one is still at the top of my list to check out. I'm thinking the Husky 701 Enduro L/R will be considerably lighter that the Tenere

I’m averaging close to 60mpg on my 701 so getting less and less concerned about the 3.4 gal tank. Maybe a 1 gal rotopax one day just to be safe.

Someone made the point this is cheaper than the Honda 450L, interesting.

I'd take this over a plated 450/500. When I'm on a dirtbike I want to be in the dirt..

It's been released in Europe for quite some time. I haven't seen any videos or reviews that didn't give it great marks! Compared to the KTM 790 the suspension is a good deal softer. So for most of us its probably perfect. My only semi concern is it seems to be just as heavy as the other Adventure bikes. I love the comfort and smoothness, but it's cool to be able to pick up the bike easily, move it around etc... 65 and below so far, I don't mind the 450 at all....I went up a tooth on front (15) and down 2 on the back(48). Dual sport tires, balanced wheels and comfort seat. No way near as smooth as my Strom and Scrambler, but much more manageable and fun to play with. Got to have multiple bikes....I finally understand that. This Tenere may replace the other two, but I'm keeping the 450....I have aspirations to do the TAT one day.

I would still have this as a replacement for my v strom, but of course, I'm broke and busted now...right on schedule.

It's been released in Europe for quite some time. I haven't seen any videos or reviews that didn't give it great marks! Compared to the KTM 790 the suspension is a good deal softer. So for most of us its probably perfect. My only semi concern is it seems to be just as heavy as the other Adventure bikes. I love the comfort and smoothness, but it's cool to be able to pick up the bike easily, move it around etc... 65 and below so far, I don't mind the 450 at all....I went up a tooth on front (15) and down 2 on the back(48). Dual sport tires, balanced wheels and comfort seat. No way near as smooth as my Strom and Scrambler, but much more manageable and fun to play with. Got to have multiple bikes....I finally understand that. This Tenere may replace the other two, but I'm keeping the 450....I have aspirations to do the TAT one day.

If they set it up anything like the 1200 the weight wont be noticable. The tenere 1200 I've ridden was very well balanced.

Keep those spare sprockets for when you come to my place. You will want low gearing! It's great sand practice. @bwdmax and his son have no issues getting around on the 525s.

I would still have this as a replacement for my v strom, but of course, I'm broke and busted now...right on schedule.
Same here. This is sounding like as close to my dream bike (a 2nd Gen Wee Strom with more suspension travel) as anyone will ever make. Even Suzuki is going away from the "keep it simple" ethic. Of course, I need to get another 45k out of the mighty Adventure Strom :)

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Just some Allen head screws into rubber grommets with threaded insert...can come off in 5 minutes...

The GPS unit behind the fairing won't be so easy...got a Dakar style tower going up behind the fairing. Tablet for GPS and phone mount. Trailtech Vapor is mounted to handle bars as well...mini adv bike...seat getting redone next.

Back