• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and a few miles of the Smokey Mountain 500 on 2021 Africa Twin

Nice trip/video! Thanks for posting. I want to do that trip one day.

That East side of the US is definitely more interesting to me.

The Eastern side of the US really does have plenty of on and off road riding opportunities. Thanks for watching Jarrett!

Awesome! Thanks for letting us ride along. I swear I could sense your adrenaline pumping on that first water crossing. I know my GS is made for stuff like that, but I feel that weight, look at my scrawny self in the mirror and I can say I would never have attempted that on my own.

Are you using a GoPro ? Great video quality.

Dave.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us ride along. I swear I could sense your adrenaline pumping on that first water crossing. I know my GS is made for stuff like that, but I feel that weight, look at my scrawny self in the mirror and I can say I would never have attempted that on my own.

Are you using a GoPro ? Great video quality.

Dave.
Thanks for watching Dave! Oh my adrenaline was pumping that's for sure! I've spent years watching others take trips and ride through stuff like that so I'm grateful I made it out with my bike still running lol. Going through stuff like that isn't something people should do alone so you have the right idea. I'm using GoPro Hero 8 Black and it's been a really good camera so far.

Liked the video! I got tired just watching you struggle walking your AT out of the deep side of the creek after it stalled!! I visited Barber in 2015 & was blown away... it's a great place and well worth a visit.

Thanks for posting.

Liked the video! I got tired just watching you struggle walking your AT out of the deep side of the creek after it stalled!! I visited Barber in 2015 & was blown away... it's a great place and well worth a visit.

Thanks for posting.
That water didn't look that deep before I took a dip in it haha. I'm glad to hear you check out Barber and liked it. Thanks for watching!

Great ride video. Thanks for taking us along!
Appreciate the light touch on the music overlay.

Dan, I've never met you before or seen any of your videos before but I will say with certainty that if you and I ever met up on a ride, we would have one heck of a time. On video at least, you just seem like the kind of guy that no matter what happens on the ride, it is still better than any day not being on a motorcycle.

Thank you for the hard work of capturing that trip, editing it, narrating it, and sharing it with us. You do some good work.

On a side note, I'll be up around the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding areas here in a few weeks. I can promise you though, I will not be as brave as you and my Tenere will be sticking to pavement only. :-P

Dan, I've never met you before or seen any of your videos before but I will say with certainty that if you and I ever met up on a ride, we would have one heck of a time. On video at least, you just seem like the kind of guy that no matter what happens on the ride, it is still better than any day not being on a motorcycle.

Thank you for the hard work of capturing that trip, editing it, narrating it, and sharing it with us. You do some good work.

On a side note, I'll be up around the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding areas here in a few weeks. I can promise you though, I will not be as brave as you and my Tenere will be sticking to pavement only. :-P
Thanks for the complement! I believe in being the same person no matter who I'm around of the circumstances so I'm sure we would have a blast. You are right... any day that you can get out and ride is a great day and I try to never take that for granted. I hope you enjoy the area as much as I did DFW Warrior and stay safe.

Great video! I really enjoyed it, and it reminded me of the trip my wife and I took man years ago. Will have to go again one day. Safe travels!

Thanks for watching Txbluelacy!
I forgot to ask - you mentioned that the seat wasn’t too comfortable. Was that something that just required a little road stamina to be developed or do you intend to change the seat out?
I just did a long trip this weekend on a Goldwing and I also had a few things that seemed uncomfortable at the beginning of the trip that were no problem by the end. That’s why I’m curious. Thanks!

I forgot to ask - you mentioned that the seat wasn’t too comfortable. Was that something that just required a little road stamina to be developed or do you intend to change the seat out?
I just did a long trip this weekend on a Goldwing and I also had a few things that seemed uncomfortable at the beginning of the trip that were no problem by the end. That’s why I’m curious. Thanks!
That's a good point bringing that up. I'm sure apart of it is due to stamina. I feel like for me the seat could definitely be taller like the 2016-2019 models. With my weight and height I think that would be a huge benefit. I also had a GL1500, and just recently sold my GL1800 along with my Honda dual sport before I got the Africa Twin. Riding 250 plus miles a day on the stock dual sport seat wasn't as smooth as the Goldwing for sure, but with the room my legs had it felt like I was sitting in a normal chair like the Goldwing gives. Seats can be a very personal thing ya know. I'll figure something out that's for sure.

Last edited:
Reading through this at lunch. Barber as in Barber museum in AL? That's a super place that I spent many hours walking around in. I'll watch the video later today.

Reading through this at lunch. Barber as in Barber museum in AL? That's a super place that I spent many hours walking around in. I'll watch the video later today.
Barber museum is a super place and I'm glad you have been able to go. I couldn't stay for the entire tour in the video, but having been before it's a great place for motorcycle and car enthusiast.

Attachments

• 21F7BE81-1AC9-4E63-BC67-F2F69508579A.jpeg
    21F7BE81-1AC9-4E63-BC67-F2F69508579A.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 144
Back