• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Take a deep breath!

There was a video a few years ago of a couple of adventure riders on BMWs in Africa. They had come to a shallow creek, stopped, and were talking over whether or not it was safe to ford it. While they were talking, a young man came along on a boda (a small-displacement bike used as a taxi in Africa) with a lady on the back riding sidesaddle, and splashed across it at 15mph without thinking twice. The BMW guys shrugged at each other, hopped back on, and made the crossing.

Yeah, I feel like a pansy every time I get into a dirt parking lot with a few ruts.

1602709461121.png

Check the "Bolivian highway of Death". My son and law rode that one 20 years agon on 250cc rental hondas. What an experience! The little Hondas felt way bigger than needed for that road.

They featured the Bolivian Highway a few years ago on Ice Road Truckers International. I have no idea how real the show itself was, but the road scared the bejeebies out of me.

I don't understand why in that first pic there are marks all along that right side of the rock wall.:shock:

Back