• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Taking the Sabre South

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Brogden
In conjunction with our soon move to south-central Texas, next week I ride the bike to our new home. I'll leave out Tue morning on the 620 mile ride, stopping at a friend's place about 250 miles in. Then on to the new home where I'll check on contractor jobs then ride back to the mountain with my son and son-in-law who are coming up to help us pack out and drive the U-Haul truck south.

Look for an old guy on an old Honda, on back roads, enjoying a fun ride.

Sounds like fun. It's gonna be hot; wear your camel-bak. I'm hoping to get a contract on my house this month. Of course, that will put me in the unenviable position of riding across west Texas in July or August to get my bike to Denver.

I will leave early Tues, spend the afternoon in Mt Pleasant. Then early Wed head for La Vernia.

I don't envy you making that trek mid-summer!

Means to an end, my friend. One sweaty afternoon to Dumas, & the next day will be a piece of cake. Plus, once I'm past Wichita Falls, i at least won't be fighting the humidity.

Safe travels when you come south.

No doubt you will be on some fun roads! I have a nice back-roads route planned for my ride.

Means to an end, my friend. One sweaty afternoon to Dumas, & the next day will be a piece of cake. Plus, once I'm past Wichita Falls, i at least won't be fighting the humidity.

Safe travels when you come south.
I wonder if the road construction is finished in Dumas yet. šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰

Dumas has been fine. You may be thinking of Dalhart, which was a mess for about a year & a half. But it's finished & the trip through Dalhart once again takes about 4 minutes end to end.

Back