• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Talimena and Ok topics

Harold, the park's ranger, has died from Covid19.
Anyone who's parked, camped, and enjoyed the Talimena State Park knows how special Harold is.
Words can't express how much of a genuine and nice person he is to all of us.

https://www.wassonfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Harold-Keyser/

The big annual winter ride is this weekend Feb 5-7.
Saturday's Feb 6 ride will be to commemorate Harold.
Talimena Trail Riders will host a collection for Harold's Family before Saturday Ride.

I'll be up there riding Thurs-Sat.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Harold was a gem.
He will be missed!

Was saddened when I heard this last week. Even more so now since it was COVID that took him. Hands down the nicest and most friendly park host ever. Will be missed by all. RIP

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Dang it ! I told everyone about how nice he was to us on our campout. Best camp host I've ever come across. That camp will never be the same without him. very upset about this one.

The campsite host at Talimena is an amazingly gracious elderly man. Worth going just to talk to the guy for a bit. He brought us a fire pit and let a couple in the group connect to the power at a bathroom. I don't think he even charged us anything to camp (it was sold out, but he let's people camp in the large grass areas)
I put in some cash into the money box on my way out that I hope gets to him.
I'll have to get a picture of him next time.
I'll remember him each time I use my fire pit. I bought one just like the one he let us borrow for a couple of nights.

Gotta use your head when riding out there...but not this way. LOL

@Vinny I know you were holding out committing to this past weekend's ride due to weather same as me. Did you make the smart choice?

@Dao are you thawed out yet?

Forget was a private FB group so most probably cannot open my link. Here's the text below but no way to post video.
4b4cc24aa88821094ef3a173de23eaee.jpg

we had nothing but epic riding weather on thurs & fri, 55F, partly sunny, no rain.
unfortunately near the end of friday's ride, i fried my clutch pack going up the switchbacks. Alex towed me back to camp w/ a rope. back at camp, i tore down my clutch pack, wiped each disc clean, put new rotella in the case. but it still slipped, so i put my bike on the trailer , threw in the towel minutes before friday night disco party kicked in, so i was forced to party with the crew til midnight, woke up sat, had breakfast, stayed at the park until everyone left to ride, and then i headed home sat. around 10am

The big Tali Fall ride is a GO~!
Mid 80s F, SUNNY all this week up in Talimena.
THe official group's primitive camping fromThurs-Sun at Billy Creek State Park. That's where the start is for the official ride, and they'll end there too.
The head honcho's spent several months cutting some fresh epic trails, so I've heard...don't ride w/ him if you're not a solid B rider, and can't hang doing 90-100 mile s/t loop.,

We'll be camping at Talimena State Park Thurs-Sat. b/c we need that juice for our CPAP machines :lol2:

You could take a generator or power bank for your cpap. That way you can camp anywhere and you have a power station for your home in case power goes out. Bit pricey but last forever.

Back