• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TALIMENA OK - NOV 8-10, 2019 - 3 day DIRTBIKE Single Track Ride

Dao

Reaction score
@Vinny ...et al....This is a GO again for this fall.
Each day, the ride starts and ends at the Talimena State Park.
IMG-20190215-155829074-HDR.jpg

There's no cost to ride this unorganized event, but the state park charges $5/day if you park & unload inside the main ground, and $14 if you pitch a tent overnight, and they have RV spots & hookups the rent out. MOst, if not all of the riders will be camping inside the park.

Dirt Bikes do NOT have to be street legal & State of OK doesn't require any stickers to ride trails. I "think" a spark arrester might be all that's needed.

20171111-091611.jpg

Groups will be broken off according to size & distance, kickstand up @ 8am (A riders) , 9am (B riders).

ride is mostly single tracks - rocky & slow technical stuff.

1.jpg

IMG-20181103-124750477.jpg

Have fuel for 75-85 miles (A loop) or 50-60 miles (B loop) single tracks....
IMG-20181103-135935428-HDR.jpg

.....& spare tubes & tools....

and wouldn't hurt to bring a spare subframe - might come in handy

:eek2:
20180316-103534.jpg

we'll do hot lunch here in Muse, OK ...and LeRoy will have some gas if you call in advance to reserve...his number's on the sign
IMG-20181103-130137083.jpg

Leaves should be turning colors nicely ..... see y'all out there!
IMG-20181103-114104202-HDR.jpg

Might be time for a new chain Dao, I suggest an 0-ring. I know you're kinda new to this stuff. ;-)

I have 2 things scheduled for that weekend unfortunately.

I have 2 things scheduled for that weekend unfortunately.

I gave up a Thur-Sunday, all expenses paid to Vegas, at the Mirage Hotel , just to go ride Tali.
I chose poorly...

Yo inmates! I'm getting stir crazy and need to start planning rides. I'm based in Mena, AR as of recent and haven't yet found much single track in the area. Any ideas on future dates getting a crew together?
4914987b8fb566ac11cf7386ebad2fd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Street legal matter? Spark Arrestor?
Sort of. There's a lot of jumping on pavement for a little ways to get from trail A over to B etc. Unless you ride into a bigger town the street legal thing is mostly a formality. Really remote area.

I just spent the weekend at the State Park. Pretty amazing weather for the end of February.

Be aware, the Forest Service is doing controlled burns all over the area. They chased us off the Choctaw National Trail.
Seems like they are doing burns on both sides of theTalemina Scenic Trail. Sign said they were doing this through May.

Be aware, the Forest Service is doing controlled burns all over the area. They chased us off the Choctaw National Trail.
Seems like they are doing burns on both sides of theTalemina Scenic Trail. Sign said they were doing this through May.

So what did you think of the CNT compared to what we've ridden? Wondering because I just got the 500. Planning on being up that way in about 3 weeks.

So what did you think of the CNT compared to what we've ridden? Wondering because I just got the 500. Planning on being up that way in about 3 weeks.
As the above picture shows, the CNT is NOTHING like we were riding over near Glenwood. Would never attempt to ride that thing on a big bike. My FE501 was almost too big (for me anyway). That being said, I did also bring the Africa Twin and there were tons of places to ride it. Love this part of Oklahoma. Something for everyone.

Okay, other than jumping the tree in the last photo, the rest looks doable. I assume its usually easy to follow the trail markings?

Dao, you wouldn't happen to have any tracks of your route you'd be willing to share would you?

I lost those gpx tracks when i lost my phone out there...
trails' all floating around in my empty knuckle head now...

But, this is all i have....
Green route= starts & ends at state park/camp. This 27 mile loop took us the whole day or 6 hrs or 5 mph av. speed. Brutale
3dmap2.jpg

Back