• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Talimena ride next month.

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
I want to take a day and a half and leave DFW, head to ark, camp/hotel/cabin sat night, then Sunday ride Talimena and come back home. Who has ridden this route? Any suggestions? Planning on leaving the Sachse area around 2 on a Saturday to head up to Arkansas. I am planning on staying at CMA's Iron Mt. in a cabin sat night, then riding out from there.

Updated on Meet up. June 27th. Leaving Krogers in Sachse on hwy 78 at 1pm to ride up to Mena Arkansas.

Count me in.

I gotta get outta this place if its the last thing I ever do.

Just updated my request at work.

I was going to go to the one this weekend, but that looks like its gonna be washed out.

Why only 2 days? I'd be up for this if it was a longer trip.

Yeah, I'll bring a knife to a gun fight. Why not?

Cause I am working a half day sat, I'm off Sunday, and I have to work Monday.

That's a rough trip. I'll head out Thursday after work & back on Sunday. I'll follow the thread and meet you there.

I recommend the Butler map.

Yeah, I'll bring a knife to a gun fight. Why not?

Last edited:
The entire scenic drive was closed when I was there last week.
The Association web site says partial closures, but we couldn't find a way up.

Might want to call the State Parks and get an update before you go. (I didn't and paid the price)

Rich Simmons photo from last week:

IMGP0511-L.jpg

See those tracks in the mud around the right side of the signs? :rider:

We'll be heading up on the 25th after work, but we're trailering and going further north.

I see them, but consider me dense. That's a high ridge line road. I'd assume no flooding up there, though I've been known to be wrong. Pavement washed out in places?

See those tracks in the mud around the right side of the signs?...

+1
I was there last Saturday and that is exactly what I did. I rode the entire length from Mena to Talihina and besides skirting the barriers on each end only one short section had some broken pavement with more barriers set up so ample warning. Was my first time riding it and the lack of traffic made it perfect.

_

There are several Forrest service roads that will connect to trail also that were ride-able by Guzzi a few years ago. After all the rain, they may be very fun.

Ready to go...heading out on Thursday. Post up when you get there ans we can meet.

Sent from my SM-G900H

We rode the Talimena Parkway back in April. Well worth the ride, beautiful scenery and very little traffic. Mena is an interesting little town to visit as well. The Skyline Cafe in Mena is a great place for breakfast or lunch.

Back