• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TAR 2010, April 15 - 18, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Yes, the Texas Adventure Ride is on!

Originally, I was not going to have TAR in 2010. But, there have been so many questions and requests about TAR that it seems like the right thing to do.

Here are the details.

TAR (Texas Adventure Ride) 2010 is Thursday evening, April 15th - Sunday morning April 18th, 2010.

The cost of early registration is $25. All riders who early register will receive a 2010 TAR commemorative t-shirt. Please add $2 if paying via paypal. You can paypal me at rgibbens@austin.rr.com

T-shirt will be handed out at rider check in at the event. No shirts will be mailed.

Note that the ride guide is not included with registration. If you want one of the new Hill Country Adventure ride guides please purchase it with your registration. I will mail it to you.

Early registration ends Monday, April 5, 2010 so I have sufficient time to order the t-shirts.

On-site registration is $15 and will be done on Thursday evening, the first day of the event and includes registration only. T-shirts and ride guides may be purchased separately, depending on availability. I will bring a few extra t-shirts and ride guides but make no guarantee that if you wait to register on-site that you will receive one.

More information about TAR can be found here.

Last edited:
Hi Richard,

I think I am in. I just need to check with my work schedule. Is there any planned group ride up to Junction on Thursday, or should I just plan to meet you there? I live in San Antonio.

Bill Payne
2008 KLR 650
(210) 521-1580
bpayne13@aol.com

Bill,

I don't have a group ride to Junction planned. In the past riders from a particular city have informally organized group rides from their city.

Thanks,

I already got a call from David (TX-GMAN) in Frio who may be looking to hook up for the short ride from SA to Junction. As soon as my work schedule is set, I'll confirm and see you there.

Bill Payne
2008 KLR-650
2008 Husqvarna TE-510
bpayne13@aol.com
(210) 521-1580

Last years ride was epic and I wish I could make this but I will be in South America. I will for sure be back in time for Mextrek. Have fun!

Richard,
There is another m/c rally that same weekend. My fav motel, the Legends Inn, is completely booked and has a waiting list for that entire weekend. Also, other rallys are booked for the next two following weekends. I'm not into camping...
Lori M.

Lori,

The Hills Motel is nice, is our ride HQ, and still has rooms available...

I reserved a room at the Hills about 8 this morning. Richard, I'll have you a check in the mail in a day or two. Thanks!

Just got a room at Hills myself just a couple of minutes ago. They still have some left.

That is one of my "Friday-Saturday-Sunday"(12 hr shift each day), work weekends. Will not be able to attend. I plan on riding some TAR routes there in Junction either late this month or early April. Perhaps I can link up with other riders once I can get my dates confirmed.

I just booked a room too! I am a newbie (to dirt) on a 650GS, so I hope I'll have a few patient folk to ride with???

Can't wait....

I just booked a room too! I am a newbie (to dirt) on a 650GS, so I hope I'll have a few patient folk to ride with???

Can't wait....

Yep, I use lead a group that wants a patient leader. And I'm not the only one to do it.

Yep, I use lead a group that wants a patient leader. And I'm not the only one to do it.

Thanks Rusty, now I will sleep well at night:chug:

Dang!!!!!

I will be out of town on an annual fishing trip.
Gotta stock up for a fish fry at the next tech day.

I am in , glad you decided to have it , I will get my money sent in.
Rick M

FYI, lady at hotel said rooms are almost gone and likely to be gone today...

Besides the Hills, there are plenty of places to find a room in Junction...

806989469_3kDue-M.jpg

The Sun Valley is right across the street and has nice, clean, cheap accomodations...

The Hills, Sun Valley, La Vista, and Lazy T are all on main street and within close proximity to each other. I've heard no bad reports from riders on any of these properties from previous TARs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back